Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which mtx...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jekbrown, Jan 31, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i really liked my old MTX 2150x amp before it got stolen. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif can anyone recommend a newer model mtx to replace it with? It'd prolly be pushing a single 12" MTX 6000 series sub, but I really wanna be able to puuuush it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif it'd be cool if it had a EBC port on it too, since the dirt-bags/theives were nice enuff not to take it from my old one. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

2. Super Chevy

Super Chevy Registered Member

I run a MTX 8302 ( about 300 bucks ), pushes my two MTX thunder 400's nice, loud enough to were i cant turn them all the way up or ill blow my eardrums with the top on, i have it about half way up and its still real loud. I bridged it to 2ohms ( 425wtts max ) prolly 300wtt continuous, im running 4 gauge wire to it and monster A/V cables, i real good sounding amp with no distortion at high levels. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yikes, too spendy for me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i could prolly use a lil smaller amp if i am just runnin a single 12" sub. thanks much for the response tho... i get the feeling there arent too many MTX fans here. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like MTX Amps for mids & tweets. But I haven't used thier subs. So I'm a parcheal fan.