Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which new parts to buy?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i have saved a little money lately, and i'm looking to buy 1 of a few things to pep my old 305 up a little. my question is, what should i choose between these 3 things..........a msd 6a w/blaster2 coil.........headers..........or, an edlebrock performer intake......they are all similiarly priced, but which would be best for my 305 in terms of improvements, and over all benefit on the dollar?
    thanks in advance.....Kelboski

2. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If you get the headers first (they may all cost about the same, headers, intake, ignition), you will have to pay to have a shop weld the exhaust for the collectors, or run new exhaust if it is a single exhaust. You would notice some performance increase with the intake, as well as the headers, but you probably wouldn't notice an increase with the MSD (not if the motor is stock). Of course the best combination would be the intake and headers. - Steve</font color=blue>
    http://www.sosamantx.coloradok5.com

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have an MSD set-up coil, dist, and box.. On a stock motor you wont notice hardly anything in the butt dyno...I dont have headers either so I cant help you there. I do have the Edelbrock intake, but again, I doubt you will feel a difference in the butt dyno..

I think I would go with the either the MSD or Intake, I have heard some bad things about headers. No offense to anyone out there, just heard bad stories about constantly leaking gaskets and rusting quickly, etc... I have been told by numerous people to stick with stock manifolds.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

what type of headers are best....no rusting, fitting perfectly, not coming close to the driveshaft, and overall power.....i have dual flowmasters now...so the headers sould bolt up...or weld up..
    Kelboski

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i would go with the intake. you already have the dual flowmasters. you will experiance more improvment wit hte headers higher up in the rpm band, but you will feel more down low with the intake.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com