Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by conoverbandit, May 17, 2005.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I have an oppertunity at a 14 bolt SF from a diesel truck, Srw, unfortunatly, and I also have a Eaton FF from a 71 chevy truck. Which one would be best? Or why one over the other? Aft of the Eaton costing almost double in parts prices then a 14 bolt, I like the eaton because of the "ease of changing out axles" (being a FF) if I was to ever break one. But I don't like FF's when it comes time to do brakes.........( got the crew with a big FF in it) I do wheel, not alot (nowhere to go around here) mostly just helping peep's get unstuck (friends that turn up when they need something......).I also like the ability to have bigger brakes.Help me pick one lol.

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

This isnt answering your question, but you do have a few places to wheel somewhat close to you. Uwharrie is a fun spot, and not too far from you. Tellico is insane, and only a few hours away.
    -Harrison

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sell both and buy a ff14b?

you didn't say how the rig would be used... but I wouldn't put a SF axle in anything that is going offroad. FF is always better, brakes or not. You can always go to discs on the ff14b if you don't like drums.

j