Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which parts store for brakes?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Mar 23, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've got a Pep Boys and a NAPA within 10 min. drive, and an AutoZone (I think...) 25 miles away. Who's got the best brake parts? Within reason, price isn't an issue. I'm willing to pay more for better parts when it comes to brakes. Any assistance you can provide is appreciated; I've gotta re-do rear brakes from the backing plates out this weekend, and fronts aren't too far in the future. BTW, any recommendations on pads and shoes? Thanks boys & girls...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I don't know how you can go wrong with Autozone lifetime gaurantee pads and shoes. When they wear out go get some new ones for free! I've never had any problems with 'em.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Just call and ask if they carry Raybestos pads, I have had great results with them.

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I got mine at AutoZone. They had like 3 different quality/prices to choose from. I got the higher end type and haven't a bit of trouble. That was over 2yrs ago and I can still do a 4wheel lockup on dry pavement if needed w/my 33" BFGs.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i would try to track down some bindex pads....the met loc type in the front work the best....they are heavy duty...they last about double what normal pads do..
    just my .02
    Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

6. Blaze81

Blaze81 Registered Member

I wouldn't go cheap on the brakes. Been there...done that. They will wear fast, not stop you very well and they will squeal like a pig no matter what you do. I finally bought some "AE" pads from NAPA, $35, best $35 I ever spent.

Tuck