Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Professionally installed bedliner really is the best?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Aug 8, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

O.K. I know this has been mentioned many times. I'm looking for testimonials. Gonna use a bedliner that is going to be exposed to the elements. Rhinoliner, Linexx, etc...of all that are available...what are the ones you all have used and how do you like it? I'm looking at straight black...nothing crazy...as if the color really matters. So send me your opinions.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Re: Which Bedliner really is the best? In your opinion.

I just put Herculiner on my entire interior and I love it. So far it's very durable and it looks great. I used only 1 gallon and I put on 2 thick coats. It's much cheaper than some of the others like Line-X and Rhino. Mine is on the inside so I don't know how it will react to the elements.

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If I was going to do it, it'd be line-x or Rhino only. My friends have theirs done and they're VERY nice.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

According to 4 Wheel mags Speedliner is the tuffest. The test was with a 12 gauge and a piece of each bedliner and Speedliner was the only one that the projectiles did not pass through.

Eat More Mud!!

Dreaming of a BIG BLOCK!!!

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Speedliner stops projectiles?!?! I think I'm going to coat my entire truck with that stuff to protect me from any drive by shootings.

6. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

I usually do my own work but when it came to my liner I chose to have someone else do it. I chose Rhino Lining because I got a great deal on the price. It looks great and works great. My site has two pages of pictures of the job done. I am going to use Herculiner to do the lower exterior panels on my truck in the next few days....I'll post when done. Check out my site to see what it looks like and email with questions.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html</a>
    So I says to him, I said, "get your own monkey."
    1986 K5, 350 GM Crate, 700R4, NP208

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Herculiner is nice enough if you want to go the do-it-yourself route, but I will definetly stand by rhinoliner... always has worked excellent in my trucks and much tougher then any other do-it-yourself liner IMO.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

8. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

I used to be a Rhino guy, but recently have seen negative effects of Sun damage (fading etc) to Rhino, where as Linex seemed to have held up better. I heard that Linex has a mixed in UV protectant, rhino is a spray on treatment afterwards (extra $$). Any truth to that? Anybody seen the same results.

Newbie, 73 Blazer project

9. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have had great luck with HERCULINER. If Speedliner will stop a projectile........Hmmmmmm I wonder if my Sergeant would get pissed if I coated my uniform, car, jacket..........

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

10. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

i used to sell linex through our truck accessories shop....have since changed jobs and drive a company truck with Rhino. ....all i can say is there is no comparison between the two in terms of longtivity....linex definatly retains color better and with a good coat of your favorite armor-all type stuff it will stay shiny..my buddy did his k30 exterior all the way 2 years ago and it still looks great...will try to post some pics if i can find em

11. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

has anyone ever used or heard of Inyati spray liners? <a target="_blank" href=http://www.truckbedliners.com>http://www.truckbedliners.com</a>

12. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I've been reading everything I can find about Rhinolinings for the past 2-3 yrs now &amp; had planned on going with it myself. I even signed up on the Rhinolinings website chatboard to see what I could learn. It seems to be that the Rhinolinings product itself is pretty good but as I found out for myself recently; it all comes down to application! All the complaints I saw logged on the Rhino site were based on application errors; very few were based on the product itself failing. One of our company pickups recently got coated with a Rhino lining &amp; what an absolutely CRAPPY job. I'm sure my fingernails are thicker than this bedliner (which already has a gouge in it after 2 weeks) &amp; the shop was actually bragging that this had to be one of their best jobs!!!
    I'll be looking elsewhere for my liner (hopefully line-x) so check out the dealers before making a final decision. The product is only as good as it's application (IMHO).

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

13. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

O.K. so it's between Rhinoliner and Line-X. Tell me what you think.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

14. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

I kind of have experience with both as my Dad had one truck done in Rhinolining and one in Line-X. He didn't get the UV topcoat with the Rhino and within a year it was chalking really bad (was black in color). He has a Line-X on his newer truck and it seems to be a lot more UV resistant. Both were sprayed extremely well by good shops. The Rhino has a little more "traction" than the Line-X but not enough to really matter as far as cargo sliding is concerned. The Line-X has a much more refined texture. The Line-X seems to be a little more durable than the Rhino. Especially here in TX when it is 100 degrees all summer long. From what I've seen on his and other trucks, I would go with the Line-X over the Rhino personally. I am glad he got both so I could actually see how they held up compared to one another. Reasearch on someone else's dollar is a good thing!

Ryan