Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which rim should I use?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dieselburban, Feb 24, 2004.

1. dieselburban

dieselburban Registered Member

I just bought a set of 35X14.50x15 swamper thornbirds and I was wondering if running a 15x12 would be ok rather than a 15X10.I would like to go to a 40"tire later on so thats why I'm leaning towards the 12"if anyone has rims pm me thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would run 12's and you posted another thread about looking for rims, I responded because I have a set of 15x12 alcoas for sale. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. dieselburban

dieselburban Registered Member

only bad thing is I need half ton 6 lug rims? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    only bad thing is I need half ton 6 lug rims? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know, did you ever even check the thread you made yesterday here in the garage? /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif I have 15x12 forged aluminum alcoas that were just buffed, 6 lug

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Deffentally go with a 12" wide wheel, my buddy was running 33 14.50 15 mickey tompsons on a 10 wide wheel and it looked nasty and wore the centers out BAD, then he switched to a 12wide and it looks way better and wears more evenly but now he has switched to 35 14.50 15 boggers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. rjfguitar

tell your buddy to get some 35x16 boggers, they are way better than the dinky 14.50's... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif