Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which s-10 to swap on my K5 frame?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by jekbrown, Sep 7, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i am planning on eventually swapping a regular cab s-10 body onto my '85 K5 frame. Only the cab, hood, and the tops of the front fenders will be swapped... the rear, front end etc will all be tube. At any rate, I want this to be as inexpensive as possible... and at the same time I want the right body for the job. That said, are there specific years of s-10 that might be favorable over others? cost-wise I was thinking early to mid 80's. any input appreciated, TIA! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't think you'll find much difference from when they first came out ('84?) until the last year of that body style ('93 or '94?).

3. jekbrown

hmm, ok. since cheap and no-power-accessories are what Im looking for, I guess the older the better. That was the common sense answer... but I figured there would be a catch in there somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif anyway, thanks much,

j

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Just keep an eye on the classified ads. I've seen late 80's to early 90's S-10's for for as little as $300 with blown engines. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. jekbrown

yeah thats what Im thinking. This will prolly be a pretty long term project for me.. so I think I'll just lurk the ads and wait for that s-10 with blown engine, fried tranny, toasted axles and rusty fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif dont need any of that poop anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Yep, just wait for the right one to come along cheap...

[​IMG]

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

heh..there was just a 91 sanoma with a bad lifter for sale for 200 bucks..only surface rust..was ganna pick it up and fix it and drive it but i just dont have the cash