Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which Slip Yoke Eliminator kit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyhs, Oct 26, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I need a new rear drive shaft and rear output shaft for the Sub now. So I think that now is a good time to upgrade! I have a NP241 transfer case. Who has done this conversion? Is it easy? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

High Angle Driveline. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    Jim

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a NP241 with a SYE kit, although I did not do the conversion myself I am told it is easy to do. It shortens the length of the transfer case by about 6 1/2" inches.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

5. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Yup, I've heard of them. Got their site filed in a folder for future ref. A new shaft will be needed after the SYE. Make one call and take care of the whole deal.
    Jim
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Do you have a link for High Angle Driveline link? I couldn't find a SLE kit on there web page.

7. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know if it's built in-house or if they buy JB's kit or what, but I spoke to Jess a while back & he said he keeps them is stock. It may not be a featured item on their web. Give em a call /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Jim

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I ordered my kit from JB Conversions and ended up having to ask JEsse to send me the correct seals and bearing for the kit when he mailed out my driveshaft. I called JB Conversions and inquired. They said that is what they have listed for a 241 and that is that. The seal was in no shape or fashion gonna fit into the rear bearing reatiner plate. All in all, Jessee out performed JB's customer service but running laps around them. He was there after hours to take my calls. Also, he called me after I had received my D-shaft and asked how everything was going. Now...for a guy thats running a small business to call me on the other side of the US to ask how I was liking my product.....???hhmmmmm let me see...All I can say is that KICKS A$$!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Rock on Jesse!! That shaft is holding just fine even with all the punishment of my TCI shift kit that churps the 36" TSL's on dry pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Here is a picture of my sye and 1350 cv I bought from highangle driveline. Scroll about 2/3 rds the way down on that highangledriveline sight. I have had it for over a year now with no problems and that is with 9" of lift. It is a very easy conversion if you follow the directions and half-way mechanically inclined. It took me about 3 hours to pull the case, replace the shaft, and install the case back in.

11. BXwildshot

BXwildshot Registered Member

How much is High Angle's SYE kit for the 241?

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

That is the type of info I was looking for. Now if I could just get through to him on the phone I'll be in there.
    Thanks ftn96 and DP 90K5

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif