Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which soft top????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shruper, May 18, 2000.

1. shruper

shruper Newbie

my 86 blazer is looking for a soft top. any suggestions of which brand to get and why.

thanks

n/a

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't know about the half top but I have a http://www.kaylinetops.com top and I love it! It seals out the weather nicely and the frame/bed rail design limits the about of holes that need to be driled into the bed rails.
    good luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I agree with Burt. Kayline is a good choice. With their new FastTrac model and different colors with a tinted window option, Kayline is what I'm going with. There's also Bestop but I haven't seen a color option for that. If you want a truck look, check out Skyler or Creative Products.

Shawn
    87 K5

4. Longfinger

Longfinger Registered Member

I strongly urge all of you to stay away from Bestop. I bought one and it was junk. Poor craftsmanship and the cheapest parts they could get. I wrote a letter detailing my complaints and the called and told me if I'm not happy return it; for a full refund. To make a long story short, after they got it they wanted to deduct a 20% restocking fee. It took dozens of phonecalls and almost a year to get my money.

Friends don't let friends buy Bestop.

longfinger

5. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Recently installed a Skylercorp soft-top. Very happy with it but a little on the expensive side. There was no drilling and the thing is easy to take on and off. Has a great look too. They have a websit, you should check it out.

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

the kayline the one I have is now 5 years old and still looks good!!!!!

7. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Did someone say Kayline is coming out with a new top this year?
    Is there an option w/ the kayline to keep the spare on? I would like one, but I would also like to keep my spare rack on.