Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5texan, Nov 20, 2001.

1. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

i plan on buying one in a couple of months and wanted to know which one yall recomended.
    i cant afford a canback so would i be better off with a besttop or the kaylines(forgot the new name)and i dont want the zip out ones. pictures would be good also.
    thanks
    jared

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It all kinda depends on what you want. Do you want to drill hole's (and I mean a LOT of holes) in your truck? If you don't mind that, then the bestop is a REAL nice top. If you don't want to drill, then go for the specialty top (Kayline)

I've got the bestop and couldn't be happier. I wasn't all that concearned with drilling my truck Also, it's been below freezing the last two morning and I honestly can say I can't tell a difference between the soft top and the hard top.

Kyle
    89K5

3. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

you dont happen to have any pictures of your besttop do ya
    thanks for the advice.
    jared

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kyle89k5>PICS</a>

Here's some right after a put it on. I"ve got some with the sides rolled up somewhere, just haven't got a chance to put em up on the site.

Kyle
    89K5