Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which steering box hose goes where?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Aug 18, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

like a dumba$$ i disconnected my steering box's hoses and then when I swapped the new 2wd box in place I forgot which hose from the power steering pump goes where... any ideas/thoughts?

J

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

been too long since I disconnected mine but I do believe that they are a different size, or am I wrong?

if I am wrong I'm thinking that the non pressure hose is the closest to the firewall and the pressure line is closest to the radiator.

3. jekbrown

both the hoses look pretty much the same to me... just coming out of different parts of the PS pump... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J

4. jekbrown

grrr! some1 with a gen II Blazer please take a look under the hood... it wont take much time!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

5. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

The one towards the front is the high pressure and the one that is towards the back (closest to your feet) is the return and they should be different sizes to stop the confution.

6. jekbrown

well, if they are diff sizes I guess I am OK. I reconnected them last night just so the hoses wouldn't leak everywhere... and they connected just fine. AFA high pressure/low pressure... I wouldnt know which one coming of the box was the HP one... so I sorta need the idiot instructions like "the one closer to the front of the rig on the steering box attaches to the connection on the drivers side of the PS pump". /forums/images/icons/wink.gif At any rate, if they are diff sizes, and I'll go check, I guess I am a-ok. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

now, back to the garage!

J

7. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

Pressure side is the hose with the special fittings on either end and threads into the back of the pump, while the low pressure return hose is held on by hose clamps.

I believe the pressure side goes to the hole closest to the front of the truck, and return goes to the hole closest to the firewall.