Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which tire is good

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socalsnake, Nov 6, 2005.

1. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

Hey guys!!! I'm looking for a new set of tires and I dunno what brand are good for a daily driver nothin to cheap or nothing to radial but i was lookin at the ground hawgs and the super swampers tsl's mainly usin it for mud,dirt,water

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what size are you looking for? that could play a pretty big factor. aslo what gears and trans do you have? i would say BFG M/Ts since you mentioned its a daily driver.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the Ground Hawg's myself. The seam too out last other tires.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

if your going for a daily driver id look more into radials. i lost 3mpg when i switched to bias ply :doah: cost less now but you spend more in gas

5. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

hi

right now i have gumbo mudders 75/40/15 in the back an the front is 40' gumbo i dunno what gears and tranny but i was prouply lookin at some 38'

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

TSL radials or Ground Hawgs

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

just noticed you're running a D44/12 bolt. you may want to reconsider 38" tires, as those axles probably wont like them very much.

8. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I can't speak on their longevity, but my 39.5 Iroks ride better unballanced than my last 2 sets of tires (38" SSR's and 35" BFG Mud Ta KM's) Both other sets had been road force balanced on what was supposed to be Hunters latest and greatest. I am very impressed w/ the road manners of a biased ply tire, my first. Oh yeah, my truck never sits more than a day, but I am yet to experience the "flat spot" that everyone says is a draw back to biased ply. I would have to think that the radial Irok should be built equally as well. $.02

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

along with big country, i have noticed that my 36" 's that are unbalanced ride better than the 33" radials i had. so far ive had good luck with the flat spots. mine sits for a week at a time and i have had any problem :D