Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which tire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ashley7318, Aug 13, 2002.

1. ashley7318

ashley7318 Registered Member

my friend is planning to buy a new set of off road tires but he doesn't know which ones yet some of his choices are mt baja claws, super swampers tsl radials, or some mt rock crawlers. He cares more about off roading. and he would like them in the size 35x14-15 on 15" rim. if there are any more good tires that you know of please post.

2. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

what kind of terrain are they to be used on??? im not a big fan of the claws, mtr's are only available up to 12.50 wide, so i would go with the swampers... mtr's are awesome too though for their width... swampers would be best for mud,or basically anything,mtr's are good in rocks, and claws are... well... i dont really like 'em

3. ashley7318

ashley7318 Registered Member

which tires could he get the most miles out of he will mostly be in the mud.

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    The GoodYears are the choice,great rock tire,decent in mud and long wearing.Kinda hard to beat the Swampers when it comes to mud,though.I would suggest the GoodYears.Mike

5. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

i would say miles wise... go with mtr's... mud, go with swampers... my bfg's are wearing very well and i cannot complain.. check out my pics and you can see they have done it all- mud, rocks, hills.. ive had them at the beach and loved them there too... still lots of tread after 10k miles... wheelin pics... with bfg's

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If he's running mud, stay away from anything Mickey Thompson. Esp. Baja Claws. they may look aggressive, but looks can be decieving. Swampers are one of the best for mud. MTR's are excellent on rocks.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

get swampers, but if you're gonna get swampers get TSLs. bias ply, REAL swampers. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif i love mine.

8. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

You might want to look into Pro Comp's mud tire. I have them and they are awsome. They have outstanding wear and great road handling characteristics. And they are great in any off road condition. They run about the same as any of the others but will give you the best results in that tire size. If you were going to punch out of the 35 bracket then the tsl radials are the way to go.

9. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

If it's gonna see alot of offroading, definitely go with the swampers.

10. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

asphalt and mud definately calls for a ground-hawg. they wear like iron and tear the he|| outta the bogs.
    Ryan

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Fill in your profile about location, type of truck (might be someone local to you who knows of a deal or can help you)..... that'll help. Then what about the budget and really what exactly does he plan to do for sure... like sand, mud or rocks etc... ? Once you know that that'll help a lot to be able to figure out what to go for! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif