Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which transfer case?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Longhorn4x4, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Longhorn4x4

Longhorn4x4 Registered Member

Currently, I have a 205 from behind a TH350, with no adapter, and a 203 and TH400 setup that is complete.

I have a 70 Longhorn 4x4, I'm building a NASTY (around 700HP) Rat for, it will be between 527 and 535 cubic inches. It has an HO 72 rearend, and I'll use my Dana 70 or get a Dana 60 for the front.

I'll use the truck to play, pull, and drive.

Should I use what I have and build a 203/205 doubler (3 stick) or should I get something like an Atlas? I'm keeping the 400, it'll have a 10" ATI converter, and is built to take 1000HP.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you need a doubler? Why not just bolt a 205 to your TH400......unless you need to crawl for some reason.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would build a doubler for it. It gives you a few different low range options to choose from and it is pretty damn stout. Not to mention that you already have most all of what you need to do a doubler. With that amount of power though make sure you get a Gen II doubler like ORD or Wagoneer Machine is selling now not a Gen I from someone else. The Gen I might not take the power.

Harley

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm thinking I read somewhere that the Atlas has a max input torque rating of 500 ftlbs. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Longhorn4x4

Longhorn4x4 Registered Member

Thanks, I'll probably do the doubler.