Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which truck to sell?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72junker, Jun 6, 2000.

1. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Here's the deal, I currently have 3 trucks. A 98 Ram 1500 4x4, my 72 K-5, and a 88 Jeep Wrangler. First off, I'm NOT selling the K5. But I am thinking about selling one of the others. The Dodge is perfect w/ 40k, all black, sport package, spray in liner and black aluminium toolbox. I LOVE that truck... which I pay $540 a month for, plus $150 insurance, for 3 more years. I like the Jeep, but it's not much compared to the Dodge. Also it has 110K and needs some motor work, which I have ordered the parts for. (cam, bearings, oil pump, timing chain and sprockets, water pump & new radiator) However I could pay off the Dodge and the 2K I borrowed to buy the Jeep if I sold the Ram. On the other hand I can make 2-3K profit on the Jeep after it's fixed over what I paid for it plus parts. My 72's too far gone to be a daily driver for a long, long time, so I have to keep one of the others. I guess what it boils down to is this, sell the Ram save $700 a month and drive an old Jeep or sell the Jeep and make $2000, while continuing to be broke in a nice truck?

Sorry for writing so much, but I need some opinions on this one.

one more thing. The Ram doesn't go offroad, it's just too damned expensive to screw up. On the other hand, as long as the Jeep still moves, I don't care what it looks like.

Troy

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

How about some pics? I would say keep the k5 and Jeep, but I might change my mind if I see that Dodge.

Brian

3. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i say sell the jeep.
    you have the K5 for off-road and general purpose.
    and that leaves the RAM as a nice, new reliable transportation.
    my $0.02.

Knife.

4. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

I agree keep the ram. You'll be kicking yourself in the but when every weekend you're stuck under the jeep fixing something that broke or wore out. Plus think of the status quoe with your neighbors.....

Wasn't me.............

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sell both and dump all the cash into your K5 and MAKE it new again!!!
    Or sell both and dump half the cash into the K5 and the other half buy something around 200bucks a month like a chevy s10 pickup or something like that. Dont get a car youll hate it!!
    What ever you do get that 72 ROCKIN!!!!!
    Good luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

6. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Will never buy a car! Too used to running over curbs, medians, and things with NOPI stickers on them.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sell the Jeep!!

Keep the Ram and the K5..... It is much nicer to rely on a newer vehicle like your Dodge than a Jeep. And if your Jeep is like most of the others I have seen, you we always be fixing it!(no offense to any Jeep owners out there)

Mike
    1982 GMC Jimmy - Emmett
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com