Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which type of fuel cell to use?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater_k20, Jan 12, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

since i wont be able to use the saddle tanks off of my C10 when i put it on the 4wd chassis, i'm going to have to use a fuel cell. what type of cell would be best for a truck that will see some serious off road abuse?

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I run a 20gal RCI with built in sump (also run a square mount internal fuel pump bracket off of a yj. Works great and you get the cooling properties of an intank fuel pump.

RCI www.rciracing.com is good and so is summit. (my opinion stay away from the plastic tanks they sag like a mofo).
    www.fuelsafe.com (if you have big bucks)
    also jaz makes fuel tanks and cells (pretty cheap too)
    and so does jegs (I think)

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Who makes a 30 gallon fuel cell, anyone?

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I am going to order a 43 gal. tank from JC Whitney.
    Bill

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you would have looked at the links nearly every major fuel cell manufacturer has at least a couple 32 gallon fuel cells. I know fuel safe and Jaz have them in 40+ Gallon sizes.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Juan
    Are you running a stock style pump, Walboro maybe? Do you have any pics and part numbers for the "internal fuel pump bracket" I haven't heard of that before.

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Also curious as to what internal sump you are refering to. Just curious as I couldn't find a sump that would work. So I went with a Holley muti point pickup installed in the fuell cell.

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Well, www.randyellisdesign.com aka. randy ellis recommended me to use a sending unit off of a 93 yj. It has a square mounting plate and a hole is easily cut into a premade fuel cell to accomodate it. I picked one up from a junkyard with a bosch fuelpump still attached for 20 bucks. I tested it out and it worked so I filled my cell with water and dry ice and cut the square hole, vacuumed out all debris, drilled the holes for the sending unit, bought the gasket from the jeep dealer and mounted it up.
    It was actually really easy and I just cut off the sender float. The internal fuel pump sits, with its sock, in the sump of my fuel cell. So far so good.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you would have looked at the links nearly every major fuel cell manufacturer has at least a couple 32 gallon fuel cells. I know fuel safe and Jaz have them in 40+ Gallon sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. I don't know WTF I was smoking, I did actually check out the links and somehow missed the big 'cells.

Thanks for pointing that out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif