Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which valve springs should I get? Big block..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zeus33rd, May 3, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Gathering all the stuff for a cam swap. So far I have a Comp Cams Extreme 4x4 cam- 11-235-3 and Comp Cams Hyd Lifters- 812-16. This is all going in a 402 big block with 427 closed chamber oval port heads and Harland Sharpe full roller aluminum rockers. I'd like to keep all this Comp Cams stuff. So my question is which vavle springs should I get? The paper work with the cam says that for the warranty to be good, valve springs must be replaced too. Someone suggested the Comp Cam's 911-16's. Good choice? What do ya'all run on your big blocks? Here's a page with all the Comp Cams valve springs that Summit carries...

http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=3&s=275&p=362&searchtype=ecat

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Go to www.compcams.com and look up the part number for your cam in their catalog. One of the columns across from the part number will list the correct valve spring set to use with that cam. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Took the liberty of doing that for you:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Recommended Valve Springs 911-16

[/ QUOTE ]

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Wow! That was cool. Thanks Dude. Took me awhile to find my cam, but it was worth it. 911-16 it is. Also found the part # for the push rods and timing set. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif