Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which way is forward (springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coopertwpk, Dec 10, 2000.

1. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

which way is forward on rancho springs the double clamped side?or single?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Double. That end also runs a larger bushing and eye if you look. Do me a favor and e-mail me when you get them on and tell me if your driveshaft is too long.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

3. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

On 88 and newer the front and rear bushings are the same 9/16 thats what confused me so i replaced the bushing and installed them backwards great huh.should I turn them around?

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

the springs should go either way. they have the center pin teh the exact center, si they should be OK either way

90K5

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I know you said Rancho, but my skyjacker springs can go either way. However, Grim didn't seem to hesitate with his post. I'd go with what he said. Did they not come with instructions? Mine told me they could go on either way, except for the back, then it said put the think end of the shim in the back. Should say in the directions, that is if you have them. If you dont feel comfortable with our info, just call or E-mail Rancho.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhhhh might want to. Thinking about it on mine the one clip is on the 3rd leaf keep the front from fanning out. Since that one is towrds the back it may fan out under full droop and be catching junk like branches or worse yet stab into a rock. Did not know that 88 ran the same size spring eye both ends. Mine runs a larger eye at the front. Yes the pins are dead center so axle should be the same location. I found that my STOCK driveshaft is to long with the lift It bottoms out. Figure that one out!

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/