Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which way to go

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Mar 24, 2007.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Buddy of mine found a 94 K1500 truck for cheap. Went to go look at it today, typical farm truck that smells like cow sh!t. Motor has a bad head gasket. Only rust on the truck was the driver side cab corner, maybe the door bottom, but has some dents that might come out with a suction cup thingy. It's a Silverado, has all the goodies on it. It needs some work, but nothing too bad I don't think. It has a 155k, 350 auto, 4wd of course, lever not push button. What we want to do, is go halfs on the truck, fix it and sell it for a profit. He wants to fix it and sell it as it is. I said that we should get a 3" b/l, I have a set of 315s that I'm not gonna use, put it on the truck and sell it that way. The b/l isn't expensive, and the tires I already have. Might get some dumb kid out of high school to get mommy and daddy to buy it for him for gradutat'n.:doah: Or, put a little more time and money and SAS it. All the parts save for the crossover arm can be had dirt cheap. I think this way would bring the most profit. What would you do, fix it and sell it?? Or put it a little more in and get more out of it?? What do these go for, in OK condition?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The best way to make money is to buy it cheap and sell it for obviously more than you paid with doing as little work as possible. Once you sell it find another cheap vehicle and do it all over again. Lots of people don't like body lifts and in some states they are illegal.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

best thing yet. sell it all fixed up. then offer it as a add on for extra money. body lift installed and 315 tires mounted up on truck. some might just like the choice. if thay dont want it then you are not out any extra time and hassle.

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I personally hate b/l's, but not gonna keep it anyways. They aren't illegal here, or I wouldn't even thought about it. Oh and we are getting it cheap. Really the only money that we will have in it is new head gaskets, grill, tires if we don't lift it, and some small misc. stuff that can be had cheap in a j/y. First we have to wait and see how PA does with a lein on the title. NYS if there's one on the title, then you need a release. Truck has been long paid for, so shouldn't be a problem. But should know early this week.