Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which way to go???

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 55Willy, Feb 28, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Jun 2, 2001
    Kicking around some ideas of which way to go on my 1940 chevy coupe, Which I well continue working on once the Willy's is rolling. I am currently going for the SMOOTH look. painting it white with silver details. Projection headlights with clear tails and side markers. With some tasteful 17's or 18's. The body work would consist of suicide doors to get rid of the barbs (door handles and hinges) to smooth the profile out. I would also toss the truck hinges and stock gas filler (filler is already gone).

The frame will be a 1940 piece that is stripped and prepped for a 4 link rear with air bags( gonna be a cruiser) and the front will ride on a Mustang II set up also with bags.

LOL I guess I kinda already picked my route, but should I reconsider or just continue on with the smooth effect.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="104642019755Willy">

What style to follow
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Hi-Tech, everything inside is aluminum or billit. exterior is smooth and all clear lights
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Old School. flat black, tuck n roll interior. chromed reverse wheels and spider web grill
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Simple. get it rolling and who cares
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />sell it. (um yeah right /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
  2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mar 30, 2002
    Your plans sound good. Think tilt front end. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  3. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Jul 8, 2002
    You gonna go with Door Poppers? French your antenna if you even have one. Smooth look is awesome.