Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

which will bolt up?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by possum, Jan 17, 2002.

1. possum

possum Registered Member

which 3/4t or 1t front and rear ends will bolt up to my '78 Blazer? Chevy, Dodge or whatever. I want to find some new gears and would prefer 4.11 or lower. Which vehicles did that come standard? Also, if need be I will move the spring perches.

2. possum

possum Registered Member

Anyone?

3. Chevy 3/4 ton stuff will bolt right up, one ton Chevy gear will require moving the spring perches as well as shock mounts

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'm not the expert like Wes (thatK30guy) but I do know that most any 3/4T K20 truck's front and rear end will bolt directly into your rig. Also the K30's (one tons) from '77-88 (or thereabouts, I don't remember which years exactly had the Dana 60 front) will fit with only moving the rear spring perches on the 14BFF. There is some that say the Dodge's D60 will fit but not exactly, there is like a 1/2" difference in spring perch width on the front.

Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com/>BlazzinOR's Beast Buildup</a>