Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHICH WINCH...I'm so confused!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Oct 24, 2000.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

WHICH WINCH...I\'m so confused!!!!!!!

I know you all have opions about winches and I would like to hear them. I was looking at them on a site and the Mile Marker hydralic pump will end up costing about the same as the Warn9000i. I've heard some of you say with Warn, the engine doesn't have to run, but Mile Marker doesn't need two batteries(I know two batteries is a good idea any way and I'm collecting all the parts to do that!!). If this conversation has already been posted in past, please tell me where.

blazen91

2. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

Re: WHICH WINCH...I\'m so confused!!!!!!!

I like the idea of a hydrolic winch. from what i have heard they are stronger. but the only down side its that it runs off ur motor. the best compereson i have heard for the winchis is that eletric is for enertainment and hydrolic is industrel. dunno i'm in the toss up for a hydrolic or for say like a 12000 pound warn winch. i will prob get the 9000 for the rear. but hey when i can do all this i will have lots of money and will buy every on on this board one too. [happy]

Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head.
    (hey i'm a poet)

3. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of a hydrolic winch. from what i have heard they are stronger. but the only down side its that it runs off ur motor. the best compereson i have heard for the winchis is that eletric is for enertainment and hydrolic is industrel. dunno i'm in the toss up for a hydrolic or for say like a 12000 pound warn winch. i will prob get the 9000 for the rear. but hey when i can do all this i will have lots of money and will buy every on on this board one too.

Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head.
    (hey i'm a poet)

4. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I got the warn 9500 highspeed intergrated selonoid. I made bumpers with dual receiver's that it goes into. It works great, right now i have one red top optima and it works fine. I am upgrading to 2 though. You have to think what you are going to do with it. Short pulls???? Normally i don't make 500' pulls continously, so i choose electric. Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

5. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Are you saying the Warn is better for short pulls or you refering to heat from the electric motor?

blazen91

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I know you all have more opinions on this. Please help me and others.

blazen91

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have heard that the Hyd's have more grunt, but I bought a Warn HS9500i and I like it very much!
    The one bad thing with the Hyd winch is that you may need to upgrade you power steering system! Actually I have heard they work better if you do.

I only run one battery and I have no problems!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I have an electric winch and would not buy a hydraulic unless it had a dedicated pump for it. I have heard too many horror stories of peoples power steering pump going out and the fine steel particles wasting their winch. If you do go hydraulic you should replace the steering box and pump and all lines at the same time or risk destoying the winch.

9. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Inline filters are wonderful things and can be installed in the power steering return line.

[​IMG]