Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which would you do first?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Aug 22, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm fixing to get a 72 Blazer which needs floor boards. The bed is good but the front floor isn't. I've allready got a deal going with the seller about getting the floor fixed. My question is, Should I put new body mounts in before I have the floor fixed? Does it matter? I'm also going to remove the rocker boxes because one side is ate up pretty bad, plus it will have a cage and Since some have them and some don't I think it will be ok for time being. Any comments? TIA

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I'm facing the same problem. I've decided to replace the mounts first, in case the old ones are worn unevenly.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

only cost 100 dollars for the body mounts and 30 dollars for the front floor panel at chevy duty .so what ever you can get first do it.welding the panels in is real easy as they are stamped steel in the original size.just a little trimming is nessesary. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif