Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which year models...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddin4fun, Jun 10, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

which year models (after '79) had the roll bar behind the driver and passanger....like the full vert 2nd gens, but made for the new floor design (I think Steve has one in his '91)?

Ex:
    [​IMG]

that roll bar (it's hard to see in that pic)

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I didn't think that came from the factory at all like that. There is an "integrated" rollbar in the pillar that comes up and over where the top mounts, but that is the only one from the factory I am aware of. But, hey, I haven't reached my "wrong" quota for this month yet!

3. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Mkay...thanks! I forgot about that thread /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

I know what I gots to do now! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Steves bar was made. Might check with Smitty built or S&W and they could probalby provide you with the main B-piller hoop. The bars that came after 78 as far as I am aware were only the family bar that mounted in the rear of the bed.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I should have checked the VIN, but I'm *certain* there was an '81 up with the factory rear bar in it at one of the 'yards I went to. I recall this truck because I was looking for '81 up parts, but this one had burned so I didn't spend much time on it, except to get the lug nuts and hubs lol.

Sorry...it wasn't behind the driver/passenger, I apologize..it was behind the spare, so I guess thats what everyone already knew.