Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whick T Case Clock Rotation Will Be Better...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Dec 17, 2003.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I'm planning to clock my NP203 and NP205 up for a flat belly. I have the choice of clocking my NP203 flat, or upside down.

The "flat" version
    [​IMG]
    Advantages are little floorboard clearancing, downside is the shifter is on the bottom, and also a leak point.

Upside down:
    [​IMG]
    Advantages of shifter on the left side, less leaking. More floorboard clearancing.

Whichever option I go for, I'll have a good location to mount to, all the adaptors are custom made for what I'm doing.

I'll never put body lift back in my truck again, I'd rather cut a huge hole in my *mint* floor and cap it, than add more lift to my truck.

So /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ...any further thoughts? I'm leaning towards the upside down version.

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I wish that I had ordered the flat belly configuration.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

can you go flat option with the shifter linkage on the top rather than the bottom?

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    No, the 203 would be clocked right in front of the NP205's front output...

...unless ford 203's are a mirror image of a chev 203. Then bears the problem of actually finding a ford 203 (I've heard its fairly challenging).

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'm clocking my 203 to the pass side, of course I'm using a ford 205 so it is out of the way of the output.
    Only reason I didn't go upside down is I don't want the big hole in the floor board /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But if I didn't care about that , that seems to be the best option.