Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

while i was installing my mirrors today........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Oct 20, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

so im taking off my passenger mirror to install the bigger better mirror, when all of the sudden i hear a thud at the top of my street (busy street) and i hear this god awful repeating scream coming from this dog that just got hit by a stupid car /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, it was just laying there in the middle of the street yelping and howling, i froze for 30 seconds, i droped my old mirror and it shatterd all over my driveway, went in the house called the cops, they said they would send someone out right away, so then i get outside, and i see all these cars stoped to help out this poor creature, i ran up the street to see what kind of shape the dog was in, dog wasnt bleeding so it was internal /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, so they hauled the dog, a golden lab, female, into someones car to be rushed to the dog hospital, i guess some people in this world do give a dam about the animals made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside seeing the people helping out the golded lab, then it got hauled away and 15 minutes later a city truck came down the street looking for the dog, and i told him what was up, and he said he was glad the dog had a chance, so then i kept having flash backs from the dog the rest of the time i was putting on my mirrors, but they look good on my truck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Wow sorry to hear that... i had an almost same expereience... me and my buddy were sitting at this stop light at about 8 PM one night like last november, and thsi small puppy was crossing a busy street... when we saw him he was in the middle and we were like oh [censored]! hope he makes it! Then this suburban doesnt run over it but it hits the back of it so it kinda gets knocked out of the way but its in really bad shape... speedlimit is 35...goodthing it wasnt 45+ and then a few cars dodge the animal cause its still alive (barely) then some SUV that probably didnt see it ran over it and me and my friend were just sitting there in silence and it was pretty crazy, i hadnt ever seen anyhting like that before. Oh well just liked to share... how bout you get some pics of the mirrors for us all.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

man that really sucks..i cant stand to see that kind of stuff tears me up..anyways..yea pics would be cool on the new mirrors!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Sorry, but in California owners of the dog are responsible for whatever happens when their dog is in the street. Accidents do happen...and a dog could run out from underneath another car without being seen. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

doode that sux. maybe try and find out what happened to the dog if ya get the chance. but lets see those mirrors. later.

jacob

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

thank you guys for shareing, yea it both scared the piss out of me, and made me think Alot, and made me saddend to see that animal in the middle of the street (1\2 block away) screaming in pain, then today i was tootleing over to my friends house to see if he was home after school, i drive past his uncles house wave hi to his uncle and neighbor, the neighbors dog was across the street, then i get about 2 ft away from the dog going 25mph, the dog was staying and the owner was saying stay STAY!, and it darted in the middle of the street, SCRRRRREEEECCCCCCCHHHHH, then i just kinda closed my eyes for a second, then i saw the black lab in my drivers side mirrror, going to its owner, talk about a big relief, the owner was very greatful, and gave me a peice sign with his hand and expresseed his grattitude verbally, i just said "any time man" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, i do love animals, id probly run over a honda civic to avoid hitting a dog /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. well the mirrors worked out great, i put spot mirrors in them yesterday night, used them today, they are awsome, as for the golded lab that got hit yesterday, im not sure, i will ask my lady friend at the animal hospital how the dog is doing if she knows.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif