Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

While I'm bothering you guys..........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

While I\'m bothering you guys..........

One other wierd thing about my 84K5. Ever since I ripped out the emissions, once a month or so I find myself cleaning what looks to be a carbon buildup off my rear bumper right behind where my exhaust comes out. I have the usual "puff-o-blue" valve seal problems, but the truck doesn't use much oil for a motor with 207,000kms(129,000 miles). Any idea where this is coming from? Is it linked to the problem in my last post?

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Re: While I\'m bothering you guys..........

The black stuff on the inside of the tail pipe is from the engine running to rich. This would also turn your bumper black, depending on where your exhaust comes out at. I would say your choke is freezing up during the "cold damp conditions" you mentioned. Do you have an electric choke?

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: While I\'m bothering you guys..........

I'm pretty sure I do have an electric choke.........what can I do to fix or avoid this problem? Is the coil freezing up or is it the linkage? Or maybe something in the wiring?