Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

while i'm down in AZ...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by colbystephens, Dec 6, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

anyone want to teach me some stuff? :D i was thinking someone could show me how to cut out the rockers and weld in some sliders. :o anyone want to spend a day with me, teach me some stuff? i'll buy pizza and beer! :bow::bow::bow:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I think we should talk Allan into doing sliders on his , he needs them . He has two lockers and no fear , so no more body :thumb:

Shawn , get two sticks of steel for Allan ........... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase , I know your awake :wink1:

Maybe we should just do a Friday night meet and greet before we wheel . Pizza on trailers , parking lot somewhere , or someones house with parking . My wife actually mentioned she wanted to see the peeps again ........ and show off "her" new tow rig :waytogo:

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

that'd be cool. :)

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I have some 2x2 steel already and have started trimming the fenders (i.e. boatsideing) so that I only need to slider the door area. Now I need to get/borrow some gas for the welder and to permanently borrow some more steel, to run supports, from the track.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sliders are a pretty easy install as long as you have access to some decent tools. Me & Matt did mine in 4-5hrs in no hurry. An angle grinder with a bunch of cuttoff wheels is a must & a sawzall are a huge help. Then a good welder makes the job easier to weld bodymetal to steel plate. Add a support to some main body supports & your done. The longest part of my slider install was doing the kicker tubes on the outsides.

Harley