Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

While we're on the subject of IE...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 6, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

While we\'re on the subject of IE...

I don't know what the heck my dad did... But now I'm the sole user of this computer since he bought a laptop... For the last 3 months I've had to use IE without the BOTTOM toolbar, and it's really annoying... I never realized how often I looked at that thing to see what the link I was about to click was going to take me to... or see how close to being loaded a page was... and I can't for the life of me get the thing back... I've tried resetting all the preferences and pretty much playing with everything under the preferences menu... The help feature is no help at all, figures....

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Re: While we\'re on the subject of IE...

Go to your menu bar and click VIEW then click STATUS BAR.

Tada! Your Status Bar is back.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Wholy crap /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I quite enjoy having my old buddy back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Use this instead of Inernet Destroyer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey Goob! Did you start your post counter over or something? Seems like you have more posts than what are shown now...

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Use this instead of Inernet Destroyer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmm ...... everything works just fine but you think he should use something with a history of problems ranging from CSS incompatability, Flash (and other) plug-in security vulnerabilities and issues with complying with standard RFC's? That's terrible advice.

If something works well and works the way you like it there isn't any reason to change to something else. There are a bunch of browsers available out there that are far superior to Internet Explorer but Netscape isn't one of them.

I would put both of them at about the same level with IE having a very slight edge due to the simplicity of some of the security functionality.

But that's only my opinion. Use whatever floats your boat. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Goob! Did you start your post counter over or something? Seems like you have more posts than what are shown now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That's about right.

Maybe I should concentrate on my padding skillls. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif