Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whiney bickering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Jan 9, 2002.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I swear I see less bickering and whining from my Freshman English class. Everyone has his own ideas. I built my truck so I didn't have to fix stuff like all the jeepers that I went wheeling with. I gutted my interior because I like it that way. I run swampers even though they last about as long as my relationships. If you have a half ton who cares. As long as you don't have a bunch of chrome I like you. I'm not saying that I like every hackabilly modification I see, I have my own ideas of what works and what doesn't. It's ridiculous that there is name calling and bitching everytime someone says what they think. Jeez, we are here for fun and to learn some stuff too. I'm not saying we have to sing Koombayaa (I don't know how to spell it) as we crawl over rocks or sling through the mud but damn! Shut up and ask questions. If I spend more money on stuff you don't think is necessary who cares. Buy what you want. I wheel how I want and build my rig the way I want. Maybe there has been some more bickering and namecalling previous to today but I can't believe the "in your face" shouting matches are tying up these boards.
    My two cents. If you don't like it who cares.
    Juan Prescott Valley, AZ

chrome sucks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Feeling left out so had to start your own?

Sounds like whining to me...... :)

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

That has to be it.

chrome sucks

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

LMAO!!! [​IMG]

I kind of thought the same thing, too!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

LOL - Amen Dave! [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I agree... there have been some occasion outbursts before but lately has been redictulous. To be truthful I liked this site because it didn't have a lot of that crap, but seems like more and more I spend less time here and more time on other boards instead. [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I agree, not sure what to do about it, I guess I could delete these kinds of posts but want to give everyone freedom of speech and all that. I have been to other boards and they get the same kind of things so it is not just a CK5 problem.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

9. solowookie

things will settle down... it'll take some time, but I think people just need to band together &amp; not tolerate it...

just remember its like my grandpa used to say; the more you stir a horse turd the more it stinks [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

10. <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

the more you stir a horse turd the more it stinks <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

See! my theory is correct! everything revolves around sh!t!

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It sure didn't used to be like this here though, Steve.......CK5 used to have a really strong family feel to it that has slowly eroded away lately. Man, this place used to be my second home but lately I get more satisfaction watching TV with my wife than sitting here watching people slam eachother and act like little kids.

I remember when a guy could ask for info and get good, solid answers that he could rely on, without having to worry if his explanation was good enough or whether he knew enough. No matter what, people always tried to help. I also remember when "opinions" were educated and honest and could be relied upon, and were only shared if they were IMPORTANT to the topic.

And since we're whining here - I REMEMBER WHEN SMART ARSES GOT THEIR BUTTS KICKED by the rest of the brotherhood when they got out of line.......

<font color=red>A POLAR BEAR ATE MY PET PENGUIN</font color=red>

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It must be a full moon.

But then again this site seems to run its own cycle of wackiness. Maybe too much country wide bad weather gives people cabin fever....?

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

13. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think I am going to start e-slapping people and moving the stupid posts to the non 4x4 forum that's where all the crap needs to go anyway, not that all posts in that forum are crap just that it is kind of a catch all. If a post starts getting nasty then it gets moved, if I think it may get stupid it gets moved, if I'm having a bad day it gets moved. If you have an opinion on something, thats fine post it in the non4x4 forum and save me the time. To much crap going on here lately so this is how I will handle it.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I think a lot of people are stressed out and that leads to a lot of this.... I know personally I am so stressed out on a daily basis it gets to me and sometimes when I read something I wig out. I think others get the same way. Probably 90% of it is simply not meant in a way of coming across as whinning. I think if we all thought about what we were saying and how we say it (myself included) it'd help a lot. If someone says something you don't agree with, that's fine, but try to remember this and not fire back something that starts a flame war...... But too you gotta remember if you do post something knowing you are gonna stir up something, you can't get all bent out of shape because the replies weren't the ones they were hoping for. If you post something on purpose with the knowledge it'll most likely draw fire and ruffle feathers because you think hey might be fun, then live with it.... you knew what was gonna happen, and don't play it off like ya didn't and get ticked! In general lets just think about stuff a bit more. It'll really help a lot... "Can't we all just get along?" [​IMG] [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

15. heaj1

heaj1 Registered Member

damn steph you beat me to the token "Can't we all just get along!" saying, Haha

Swimming like a rock, Slinging like a stock, but not for long!

16. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah I had to add that in...... it's not a true speech on tolerance without it!

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

17. solowookie

I agree Steph, and I think it is a time of year thing...

18. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i think its funny.
    especially the "anything that isnt the exact make and model of my truck and the same right down to the chewed gum under the drivers seat just plains sucks "

my favorite though is the blindly brand loyal set who miss out on wheeling lots of fun 4x4s out of loyalty to a company that doesnt give a *%*% about them. ... "my wildly modified brand A out wheeled a bone stock brand B. therefore brand A is theonly truck worth having. now im gonna go sit in the corner with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears yelling ' lalalalalalalalala'"

19. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I haven't laughed so much in a long time. The whiney bickerings were after all just words on a screen and I'm sure that most of the people that were getting upset for real and name calling might not be so cocky if they were facing the person that they were calling names face to face. You can't tell who is 6' 5" and 300lbs of solid muscle and who is 5' 5" and 135lbs by reading words on a screen. Maybe we need a forum just for whiney bickering. If the thread that started this whole thing is any indication it would be pretty popular. I know that I would read it just for a good laugh.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

20. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

Although I'm pretty new to the site, I do spend lots of my time here, and I agree with juan. I think it's probably due largely to the growth of the site. If there are lots of people then you are more anonymous and you'll be more willing to speak your mind. Whenever I go go into a yahoo chat room, there's always people getting at each others throats about something or another, saying "Oh im gonna beat the poo out of you" and stuff which is just plain silly because you'll never meet that person. But I guess thats why people say things like that.

But for the most part, this is a really great site. When I first started visiting the forums more often, the first thing I noticed is that there is sort of a family feel, and it doesnt seem like there's 4000 people who use the site. I still see a family feel thing. It's really cool that lots of you guys help each other out however you can without expecting anything in return.

Just the view from the eyes of a sort of new guy.

-mxmastermike, the 4000th registered user