Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whiney, rattling noise coming from front of truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, Jul 24, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Ok i went to flex the suspension on the rock pile again this time it was in 4wd and i got about halfway up and I heard this whiney rattly noise coming from the front of the truck, possibly the 10 bolt, as i let off the gas the noise got slower and then went away, i got back on the gas and i came back. I had it in 4wd hi and in 2nd, its an auto trans. I tested the 4wd in overdrive in the dirt going about 20-25 and no noises so i have no idea someone lend me a hand, I found an 88 k5 so the Jimmy mite be gettin sold.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

i was talking to biggray71 and he suggested that the fan hit the shroud cause of frame flex. That was my first guess but i forgot to type it. I went out and looked and the shroud has scrape marks on it. has this happened to anyone.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

When i saw the title of your post it sounded like you had my mother in law stuck under the front of your rig!!! I WISH

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII being installed

4. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

I first thought either wife or girlfriend..hehehe!! ;)