Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

White gunk in oil

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Dec 5, 2000.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Thankfully its not me, I have a friend who recently checked his oil and found little whit chunks on his dip stick, not tones of them, but some mixed in with his oil. He descruibed it as little white bugers on the dipstick. I have never heard of such a thing. Can anyone help. Thanks
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gosple!

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Sounds like water in the oil. Hopefully it's something simple like a bad PCV valve. It's amazing how many people disconnect these things in the search for "more power"! They work wonders at removing the condensation from the crankcase. On the other hand it could be more serious...crack or a gasket. I'd warm it up, change the oil and start looking. Best of luck.

Smitty

3. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Ditto to what smitty said, i would check head gaskets. Does he abuse the engine much? and has it been bored out at all?

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

water in the oil. how it got there is indeed the $64.00 question.
    tell your friend good luck.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Cold weather plus warm engine equals condensation. What he is seeing is the condensation build up that happens after start up mixing with the detergents in the oil. Running the engine at speed for at least 30 minutes will help burn off this residue. This happens with engines that are run for short periods of time.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would have to agree it is water in the oil. to see if it is condinsation change and flush all the oil until no more white is there then run for a day or 2 and see if it comes back. tell him to keep a close eye on it

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud