Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

White spoke backspacing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sope, Jan 31, 2006.

1. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I ordered my new white spoke 15 by 8 8 lug wheels from my local tire dealer. These are part US Wheel part #USW-70-5880. I am doing the typical 15" wheel on a D60. I picked these wheels by checking the Summit Racing sight that says these wheels have 3 3/4" backspace. When I picked these wheels up it said 4.256" backspacing right on the label with the proper part #. I didn't see the label until after I had already paid for the wheels and put them in the trunk of my car. I did measure them and they are 4 1/4" backspaced. I have read many threads where people have vought these rims from Summit and have never heard of a problem with the backspacing.
    What am I missing?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I had the same thing happen to me. They still fit you just have to grind alot:D . I have no problems with mine right now but it has only been around the block:doah: .

Ira

3. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I phoned US Wheel today to find out if there is a different backspacing under the same part # or if there is a different poart # for the advertized 3 3/4 backspacing. I talked to a lady at first who found exactly what I found, her catalog said they were 3.75 backspacing and the build specs said 4.256" backspacing. She was very helpfull. She forwarded me to some asshole in sales who didn't seem to care and just said the catalog was wrong and they must have changed the rim a few years ago. I figure I'll keep the rims and do a lot of grinding on my calipers.
    This is just a warning.
    US Wheel white spoke # USW-70-5880 has 4 1/4 " backspacing, not he advertised 3 3/4"

Some other guys must have run in to this because I have seen in multiple threads where white spoke (wagon wheels) have been bought from Summit.