Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whitewater Rafting???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Is this some kind of scary dangerous activity??? I was invited to go with a chick today and I need to let her know soon if I can/want to go... Now, being the ladies man that I am, I need to sieze the opportunity to have an informal date with a nice girl who is both attractive and not attractive and an outdoors enthusiast.

So whadda y'all say? I've never done anything like this, and I'm quite the wuss when it comes to trying new, possibly dangerous things /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif... Will I be in grave danger since I don't know how to swim, or would I be pretty well in the raft?

I'd hate to fall out and have to float down the river about 20 miles until it calms down to a gentle flowing stream, avoiding huge boulders along the way... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a blast. You should be wearing a lifejacket anyway if it is actually whitewater so go for it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

You don't know how to swim? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Never took lessons... Never took time to figure it out... Talked my way out of the required swimming test in high school... Just never wanted to be one with the fish /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'd suggest you be care ful then. Even if you have a lifejacket on you can still drown. Maybe just tie yourself to the rafts's floor so you can't fly out?

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

It depends on the level of rapids and whether or not this will be a guided trip. You probably don't want to get in with a bunch of yahoos and run a class 5, but if it's guided those are usually really safe.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm sure it'll be a guided, it's the chick's first time too... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure it'll be a guided, it's the chick's first time too... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Her first time huh.........

Nevermind.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, you'll be surprised at how tame some of it is even when it looks nasty.

Good luck, have fun. And make sure she has a good umm.... first time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Whitewater rafting is probably the biggest adrenalin rush I ever had besides motorcycles and sex. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif We did the Upper Gauley in West Virginia - which is the biggest and baddest this side of the Mississippi. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I was 40 years old and I went with a bunch of 20 and 30-somethings. (kids). Beat me to death - but it was still a blast!!! Wear a life jacket and helmet. We had wetsuits so the water temp. wasn't a factor.

DO IT - you won't regret it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (and not just for the chick - do it for yourself!)

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

whitewater rafting is a blast. the two times i went, i never fell out. i jumped out once because i couldn't fall out. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif i would go i a heart beat. just buy her a white t shirt before the trip and make sure she weres it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Go 4 it man! I take my kids (10 & 12 yrs old) every year at least 3 or 4 times. The rush is awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

its awsome, ive done class 3 4 and 5 and their all a rush. im sure since its both your first times that you wont go harder than a 3+ o r maybe a 4.

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hey i rocks i live right next to the american and i used to know a guy who owened a company ive been a bunch, it rocks!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif