Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all has a base station.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, May 12, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I may only be an CB freq's, but I really enjoy my old Galaxy Saturn. It's a great radio, I've had it for quite a few years, and will still use it as soon as I get my new antenna. Gotta love that classic D-104 Silver Eagle mic. I've modified my base with larger finals, peaked and tuned, ...ect. Let's hear about your base.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Wow, this is a happenin' forum /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif . I'm running a Uniden Washington w/ Shakespeare big stick (18') antenna on a 20 foot telescoping pole (guy wires and the whole bit).

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I just got my anteena up this weekend. I bought one of those Parabolic dish anteena's. I'm very impressed with it. It looks like a satilite dish for TV, so the manager won't have any idea I'm running a base radio, and it gets out just as good as the A-99 I used to run. I'm very happy with the Parabolic CB base anteena. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I've got an old Cobra base, I looking to get a "Moon Raker" antenna, that or an old sparkomatic (local guy builds them, about the best thing out there). Just needto go out and get some toys for it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd love to be able to put up a moon-raker, but I wouldn't be able to get away with that here. I have to use something they don't relise is a base anteena. So this http://www.palcoelectronics.com/p1004037.htm is what I'm running. I'm amazed with how well it works. I talked over 20 miles on AM with it, and over 50 miles on sideband. So I'm pretty impressed with it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im running a PRC-104 with an AM-7654 amp I can talk all the way around the world hehehe just thought I would throw this in here for you military guys.....
    SPence

7. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Get past your housing assn. by getting your amateur radio license (general) then when they whine about your antenna you can tell 'em to stuff it since you'll be doing a public service... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. trailblazer87

Its more fun to be mobile and talk over everybodies TV's and Radio's, one of the McDonalds in Fresno is a lot of fun, channel 27 walks all over them. I drive by and order for people (I would like 2500 Big Macs, 3 small frys, and a small water) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I will get a ham ticket sooner or later, but it still won't help with the anteena issue where I live. The manager is extreamly closed minded. It's all over one person complaining about bleed over, and not wanting to try to work the problem out, and sevreal older people complaining about how the anteena's made the neighhood look. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif In thier contract it states that sat dish's are alowed, but any other anteena's must first get premission befor instalation. It's a crock os sh*t, but there is nothing I can do about it except move, and I can't aford another $5,000.00 to move my house again. If I'd known this was going to be a hassel, I would have never moved my house into this park. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

11. The_Sandman_454

The owner does not have a choice in the matter period if you have your ham ticket... Absolutely positively has to concede for reasons mentioned previously (public service, etc)... A few ham operators I was talking with seemed to say that, and I bet if you look hard enough at the rules, etc you'll find that it is true that you could tell even this guy to stuff the rules... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Plus it's fun to tell people their rules no longer apply... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

He already made one guy with a ham set up, (has his ham ticket) move out or take down anteena. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif There is no reasoning with this guy It's his way or no way at all. He's one of those people who play favorits. He'll tell one person no to something, and let someone else do the same thing. I pissed him off by going over his head to his boss, but the big boss won't over ride his managers. So I'm not doing anything obvious now. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

13. The_Sandman_454

That's odd... I bet if the ham wanted to fight that he could... Probably just doesn't want to hassle with it.. Man I hope I never have to live anyplace but my own secluded spot out in the middle of nowhere... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The manager will find a way to kick someone out. From what I understand, the ham operator did try to fight it, but they cam up with something to violate his lease. So it's a no win with this manager. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

15. The_Sandman_454

Hire a sniper, put skunks down his chimney, rotten eggs in the defroster vents, etc, etc, etc... LOL He'll go away eventually one way or another... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm hopeing he'll retire soon !!!! He's had a heart attack, and has high blood pressure. I wouldn't want to see him die or anything, but it'd be nice if he'd retire due to medical resons. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Maybe we'd get someone resonable then /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. trailblazer87

Unfortunately people become apartment managers to semi-retire /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's a trailor park, I own my house, but rent the lot. I here ya on the people become managers to simi-retire. But this wouldn't be an easy one. All the up keep of the grounds, all the maintance on the street lights (This is a private streets in here, not city owned. Currently over 500 lots, with plans to add another 1000 lots with in the next year and a half. Already doing the construction installing water lines, sewers, power lines, ... ect. All being ran underground.), prepping the lots for new trailor houses, plowing the streets in the winter, and worst of all, listoning too the crybabys bitching about this or that !!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

19. trailblazer87

WOW, 1500 lots, that's like half the population of Montana.
    I'm tellin ya man, get a 300 watt golden eagle, take it mobile and just say HELLO! to the neighborhood /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I dont have a base at home yet. But i have a Delta Force radio plugged into a 100 watt modulator that drives a 1600 watt linear with a thunder bolt antenna in the blazer its powerd by a couple of D-8 tractor batteries and a 150 amp alternator . I like the mobile idea since it keeps me out of trouble with my neighbors.