Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all has a green thumb ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Never thought I'd enjoy plants, but I've got a couple of roses, Russian Sage, and alot of flowers. Nothing too it, just water them daily. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I know some people who have phenomenal skill with plants but the best i've grown is some corn in my Radio Flyer

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I know some people who have phenomenal skill with plants but the best i've grown is some corn in my Radio Flyer

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I seem to grow corn in my crap, but that's about it. I had a chiapet once.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've got better things to do... i'm straight, and i have a rig that gets worked on from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have the citrus trees that came with the house. I have a planter box with bricks surrounding I started prepping for the wife. We haven't planted yet, but will be planting some cool stuff. I also have a tree that I couldn't save I will be pulling and planting something else ther. I am learning as I go though /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My grandma is the biggest green thumb I know. She is turning 86 this year, so she is retired, all she does all day is walk (excersise, around the block, etc.) eat, and do stuff with all her plants. So that rubbed off onto my dad, so he has ALOT of experience with plants and all. He had a hydroponic garden downstairs for a few years. And also he has about 10 plants upstairs. Now that he is gone, it is rubbed off onto me. So I water and feed them whenever they need to be. Theres nothing wrong with being a green thumb, you just can't have a bunch of pink flowers EVERYWHERE at your house, thats going to start something else.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oh, and my part time job is dealing with green stuff. So I cut grass, plant flowers, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i've got better things to do... i'm straight, and i have a rig that gets worked on from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] There is nothing gay about plants, and my K5 is sitting till I can afford more parts. Sucks too have too pay the bills before I can buy more parts for the K5, but that's just life I guess.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He had a hydroponic garden downstairs for a few years. And also he has about 10 plants upstairs

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man so just what was he growin /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

got yourself a little drow opp eh?? bubba bubba come and cuff him, (i think he is resisting, beter smack him up a bit)

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

No, he was growing:
    tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, peppers, and strawberries. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

oh ok /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif i get yeah, all baby tomato plants /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif i get yeah, just some tomatos /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Your cracking me up darkshadow /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

He was growing, um, herbs, yeah, that it, herbs. Like oregano and basil, yeah... They were for... spaghetti, that's the ticket, spaghetti...

My Dad had a green thumb, but for some reason only one row of corn would ever grow, all the rows behind the front row were overtaken by these funny looking big tall stinky weeds. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My yard used to be really nice, but I let it go. I have been working on it today. It still have a long way to go. But yeah, once it's up to speed, it's nice. I do enjoy plants and having a nice yard to go out into and spend an evening in. Especially during the summer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i love my plants and flowers,my neighbors think i kill people for a living. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif could it be the way i look(big83chevy4x4 what do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)but i like taking care of my yard,it's my sanctuary from the world. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like to garden and work in the yard. Its relaxing. My wife also enjoys it. She is a member of the local garden club so she is pretty much into plants and flowers.
    I like to grow vegetables. Espically Hot chili peppers.
    We spend a lot of time together working in the yard. Seems like I always have a project going on in the yard.
    I am hoping to build a small pond soon by our patio. Maby stock it with Pirhanas to give the neighbors cat something to play with.