Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all is close to Green Bay, WI??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Sep 10, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am going to be in the Green Bay area over the weekend and thought it would be cool to meet a couple folks from CK5 if anyone is up to it! Maybe go wheeling or something /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think rugger03 is in Wis, but not sure of where he is in relation to Green Bay.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

heavy4x4 (Delafield, WI)
    Polaris (Rhinelander, WI)
    nofeartruckin00 (New Berlin, WI)
    rugger03 (Kenosha, WI)
    SS66 (Oconomowoc, WI)
    woody9 (Warren, WI)
    77k5bogger (Winneconne, WI)
    dodgetruck91 (S.E. WI)
    Nikk (Lacrosse, WI)
    Fletch79 (Southern WI)
    89K5mudder (Random Lake, WI - Sheboygan)
    outsider223 (Gillett, WI - Green Bay)
    crazykev4x4 (WI)
    bigwishlist (Sheboygan, WI)

Here's the list of WI CK5'ers that I've compiled...might be missing a few...might have a few that don't frequent anymore.

I'm a little over 3 hours from Green Bay, and Erik (rugger03) is probably about 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

Shane, what are you going to be in Green Bay for?

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am here working till next Friday. Actually, I am in a little town called Oconto Falls (30 miles north of Green Bay). I am about 15-20 miles east of Gillette. I've got all weekend to knock around, so driving really isn't an issue if anybody wants to meet up. It's short notice so I understand if it doesn't work out with anyone.

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

There is a 4 wheeling event in Antigo. You'd take Highway 29 out of Green Bay, then take Hwy 45 north to Antigo. It's called "Four Wheelin' With Feelin". There are regular trail rides on Sunday and if you don't participate in Saturday's ride it is $10 for the trail ride. More info at
    http://4-lakes.offroadhq.net/mod/modrally.htm I'll be there all weekend. There is a Blues Festival going on too.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That sounds kinda cool! Is this a spectator event? I am driving a rental car, so wheeling is out of the question for me. I'd come watch, but I want to make sure there is something TO watch! It would suck to show up, meet people, and then watch them all drive off into the sunset so to speak! LOL!! I travel frequently for work, and I thought it would be cool to start meeting folks from the site whenever I can, wherever I can! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm checking to see if you could ride along with a guy who is also a member of CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'd offer a seat in the Blazer but that might be kind of weird seeing as how my hubby won't be able to attend Saturday's rally. I don't think it's much for spectator, because it's 4-6 hours of trail riding. I'm just assuming you are male but if you are female you can be my co-pilot /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. The one I had lined up to work the dictionary/thesauraus for the clues at the checkpoints, is very sick as of today and can't attend. I'll let you know what I hear back. Would you be interested in doing the rally thing on Saturday instead? You would need to be there in the morning. There is an awards ceremony/blues bands in the evening. I can probably hook you up with a ride if you are interested.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I understand the "wierd" thing. I don't think I'd want my wife to have a guy neither of us had met come along on a trail ride w/out me! I definitely understand! I wouldn't mind riding along with someone though. I like to think that I am a competent spotter! I think it would be very cool to meet some folks from the WI area and do some wheeling! I'll pm you my WI cell # if you want. If it works out GREAT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif if not, no biggie. I knew this was a long shot anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Ive been told if you go to the miller brewery that they have water fountains that serve beer!!!!You should go and tell me about it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the miller brewery.....have water fountains that serve beer!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif NO WAY!! I"VE GOTTA GO TO THAT!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Anybody know if that's true?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

11. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

It's false. They do have a beer tour though. Milwaukee is probally 2.5- 3 hours from you. Do you work in the paper industry.

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's false.

[/ QUOTE ] DAMMIT!! Figures!
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do you work in the paper industry.

[/ QUOTE ] Sort of. I work in the "converting" industry. I work for a company that owns 3 other "manufacturing" companies. It's a wierd deal. Anyway, the "manufacturing" companies make disposable diapers and training pants..and yes...they make them for kids and ADULTS!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The place here in WI makes the adult ones. There are some nights when I have seriously thought about trying them out first hand /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif More time for drinkin' and throwin' darts! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

It was a great weekend. Lots of rain made for some greasy hill climbs and a challenge keeping the trucks on the trail. shane74 arrived on Saturday morning to ride along with a new member, 87roadwhale. It was so nice to meet a CK5 member from far away. What a nice guy, too! I have some pics & a story at http://polariswebdesign.com/mod03.htm .
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Cool pictures & write up. Looks like you guys had a blast.

I can't wait to get my Burb more trail ready for next season. I just need to get my wifes K5 running & lifted first before I can put any more $$ into my rig. That's the deal I made & am reminded of it every time I mention spending $$ on my burb.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

15. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Nice write-up & pics!! It looks like there was some wet-wheelin' going on! I bet it was a blast!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Awesome /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Wish I could have been there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Cool write up!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I owe a HUGE thanks you and Glen (a.k.a. 87roadwhale) for a great day!! I could have spent the day bored out of my head in a little town, but instead I got to meet some great new people and do what I like the most! WHEELIN'!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just want everyone out there to know that Trevor and Andrea are the best! Glen is an honest stand up guy and it was my pleasure to wheel it "Wisconsin Style" with he and his son Tyler!! I am also very greatful to this site for providing the means for all of this. Thanks Steve!!

This whole experience has been AWESOME!! I hope I can meet other CK5'ers in my travels. I travel frequently between Atlanta, Green Bay, and Columbus, OH. I know we have lots of members in all of these areas so I am going to try to meet folks personally on my trips. This was one of the best out of town trips I have EVER had!! Not to mention I got to be a part of a good cause. It was a huge win all the way around for me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I just wish I would have had my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif there. I was jonesing pretty bad for it! LOL!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks again to Glen & Tyler, and Trevor and Andrea! They ROCK!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Awesome /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Wish I could have been there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an annual thing, so plan for next year! It was very fun to be wheeling with an objective (find the next clue). I hope to become involved with the rally on a new level for next year, helping get it all together & stuff.

19. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

If you ever do get your /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif here we will definitely go wheeling. I'd even head over by Oconto, to the Lakewood/Mountain area. In my Webshots if you look for anything that says McCaslin or the Pipeline, those are from that area. I know I'd be jonesing for my own rig if I was around all that wheeling.
    Webshots 1
    Webshots 2.

Did you say 2000 miles to home? I was asking Trevor, who also runs the local U-Haul, how much it would be to rent a car hauler for that distance /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

BTT I need anyone in WI to please do me a favor.... get me some green bay Jack in the box antenna balls, like 3-5 would be great. I'll pay for them all and for shipping and buy your value meal. Thanks guys