Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all is in WA?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheBlazerKid, Jul 20, 2000.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone was from Washington... I'm in Raymond,WA myself

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

2. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Yeah

I used to live in Levenworth. It's right over the Cascades it looks like a Swiss Village. I live in California now as i have for most of my life. Bla, I want to go back.

81 Jimmy

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

4. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Live in Curtis Wa .

5. USMuscle

USMuscle Registered Member

Re: Yeah

Peeetah,
    When did you live in Leavenworth? My folks both live up there, and I was born there and raised by my uncle in Telma. Leavenworth was a real s*ithole before the 60's. Do you remember all that construction that started in 63?!! My parents were part of that whole thing to make it a tourist spot. (He was a carpenter) My parents and I are on better terms now, but I can't STAND those damn festivals going on all the time whenever I visit! Front St. is a mess!
    Ah well, gives me time to show all the yokles there my K5.
    Were you on the Chiwakum (Where it joins Wenatchee rvr)or the Nason creek side???
    Take care,
    -Dave

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not WA, but OR..........there are over a dozen Northwesterners here.......mainly Vancouver/Portland area, but some are from Seattle, and from out in the Gorge (Hood River). Talked about a get together a while ago, hasn't happened yet. Hope it will, my 79 gets the motor reworked starting next week, so should be road read in about two to three weeks. BTW, I visit Ocean Park, WA all the time, seems it is pretty close to Raymond. There is a killer End of the World Rod Run in Ocean Park September 9 and 10 with over 2000 cars (mostly) and some nice trucks. I will be there with top off enjoying it........and you can drive on the beach there too.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

7. TheBlazerKid

yeah I went to that one year it was pretty tight!

8. Peeetah

USMuscle

I actually grew up in Peshastin which is about ten mintues out of Levenworth going towards Wenatchee. I am only 21 and My family left Washington when i was about 2. But when we go back to Wenatchee we always spend a day up there and go on a tour of the Applets and Cotlets factory for the free samples. Levenworth is a pretty tacky place but I guess it brings in the tourism.

Peter Schneider
    81 Jimmy

9. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

im in south central wa, yakima valley to be exact. im 19 and already have the blazer bug from my 74

brian

10. USMuscle

Re: USMuscle

Peshastin is 30 miles from Leavenworth my friend. It's not a tacky any more now thjat people like my dad helped make it such a great place. Your family should spend more time there, and get to know it. Folks there are really in the spirit of the town.
    Next time we're up at the same time, we should go wheelin'. I got a tow winch in my garage I can bolt on for when you get stuck in the mud. (We all gotta have it happen at least once kid)
    -Dave

11. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm a little north of washington, I'm in vancouver bc canada. I have been in washington countless times

<font color=red>CHECK OUT MY SITE</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

12. Dave A

Dave A Registered Member

My wife is from WA, does that count? A little town called Sequim on the North coast of the Olympic Peninsula. Man, its gorgeous up there.

13. Peeetah

USMuscle

No, it's about three (see attachment). Anyway I'm sorry if I insulted you or your father by calling Levenworth tacky. Indeed the capenters who built it must have been very skilled to achieve the swiss sytle motif. I retract that statment. I want to go to college up at the UW so mabey we can go wheeling someday.

14. USMuscle

Yeah, you are right about the distance. I havent through peshastin for years. I was probably thinking of coles corner or meritt. Peshastin is closer to wenatchee, right? I went to Peninsula college, and got my A.A.S in woodworking and carpentry. I currently live in Bend, OR.
    -Dave

15. Peeetah

Now this is wierd

My uncle was the manager of a Town/Resort?? called Sunriver for about 8 years. I think bend is REAL close to it. I seem to remeber going into bend to watch movies when we used to visit. Its a small world huh.

Peter Schneider
    81 jimmy

16. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I lived in Renton for almost 20 years 77-96 and wheeled the whole state, let's go wheeling !

17. TheBlazerKid

hehe maybe,where are the best places to go?

18. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Depends what you like, the State puts out a book, with maps, and information on ORV.
    I like Elbie Hills, Evens Creek, and the Nachces Trails.
    Have fun