Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all lives in a trailer house ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Been in one going on 4 years now. Lot better then I thought they would be before I lived in one. I always had visions of flimzy walls and such. But after living in one, I can honestly say I'd buy another one. Nothing like a cheap home. I can own a nice trailer home for a heck of a lot cheaper then a regular house.

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I used to several years ago, mine was a 1960something POS though, it had walls about 2 inches thick. The newer ones are nice though.

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I live in a double wide that we bought after we were flooded in 98. When we moved back the the San Antonio area from Del Rio in 99 we were able to sell our 10 acres, but the buyer wanted to build there. So, we just stuck some damn wheels on it and bought it along... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

We will most likely be building a house here pretty soon. I just need to buy a little place to put this one on since we want to build where the double wide sits.

But, it will be hard to part with that 300 dollar a month house payment... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif , oh the money I'm saving... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Building codes for mobile homes has gotten much better over the years. Ours is so upgraded that it hardly seems like a DW inside... but no garage really sucks the biggin'.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i live in a manufactured home that was built in the 70s. The owner has taken hella good care of it and it sits on 2 acres with a garage, shed and carport... so its good livin for me. I'm trained as a designer so eventually I'll design a house to have built for me... but for the time being a manufactured home is a-ok.

j

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My parents bought our house brand new in 1999... It's not bad, but we all agree we need more space, and something that's built into the ground... I guess in a year or so they're going to start looking at real houses...

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I live in a modular home, which it isn't a trailer but a lot of people would think that it was if they didn't know better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I live in a house.
    my grandparents live in a trailer home.... the walls are thin... and there is carpet everywhere... no hardwood or linolemum

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have a manufactured home... a new one.. its as fancy inside as any custom built house Ive ever built... it was done in 2weeks and I watched it come down the assembly line... its been totally problem free...
    BUT
    were selling and developing our KALIFORNIA property and moving the heck outta here to the real world somewhere...
    would I get one again...
    only if I needed temporary or cheaper living quarters.... next time we will be building a custom home... oh yea and a bigger shop... like 60 x 100 this time...

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

neighbor just put up a three-piece manufactured home, and they had problems getting the roofs raised and together so they had to tear off all the roofing and redo it all, but its all done now and its nice looking, its like right across the street out here, real close :P

this building i am in is the crappy looking place of the immediate neighborhood, no gutters no siding, shingles breaking off huge cracks,s tarting to leak bad some boarded windows, and its huge, everything else is vinyl sided done around here,

good luck

10. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I am currently living in one, have been for 8 yrs now..just the last 4 yrs have been really bad. Mine is a 1971 double wide with lots of nice windows but the walls are super thin and wood paneling (if I ever see wood paneling again it will be too soon, I hate it). We are thankfully moving next week into a real house with my own yard, going to miss my space rent of $340 but won't miss doing engines on gravel and listening to the roof ripple in a good wind /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I am currently living in one, have been for 8 yrs now..just the last 4 yrs have been really bad. Mine is a 1971 double wide with lots of nice windows but the walls are super thin and wood paneling (if I ever see wood paneling again it will be too soon, I hate it). We are thankfully moving next week into a real house with my own yard, going to miss my space rent of $340 but won't miss doing engines on gravel and listening to the roof ripple in a good wind /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ] My trailer house is a 94. Mine has 6" walls. But I hear ya about the "roof ripple in a good wind". Next trailer house I buy will have a shingled roof instead of a tin one.

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I use to live in one back in 93 when we lived in Colorado. It was a new 16x80. Very nice. Couldn't have asked for anything else besides my own land and a garage. I wouldn't object to living in another as long as I have it on my own land.

13. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

ive never lived in a trailer...but i have lived in a pickup truck for about month /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i plan on buying some land soon, and living in a camper untill i can afford to build my own house /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif