Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all makes Shackle flips?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Besides the expired Ecobit, Who makes shackle flips other than ORD and Sky-Manufacturing? It's about time for me to get one and I would like to consider all my options.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

backyardbilt (send him a PM)

3. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

I made my own. Used rear front spring hangers, spaced/reinforced 'em out with 3/4 inch steel bar from the local farm and fleet and bolted 'em on using the top rear original rivet hole as a locator. For a little more lift use the spring hangers from a 1 ton truck, they're longer. Works great and my total cost was less than 50 bucks.

4. rhuarc31

Sorry Mudbug, can't pm you back, in answer to your question, my truck is a 77 k5, but you can use the spring hanger off just about any truck that uses rear leaf springs. I personally used 'em off an 82 1 ton, gave me almost 6 inches total, plus went from 6 inch blocks to 2 inch to give 8 total and a nice comfy ride. You can even use ones from a f*rd or d*dge, though the line up may be different. I also picked up 2 used sets of 4 inch front springs and mixed and matched leaves to build one good set, fabbed up some longer front shackles, and scrounged pinion shims from a broken set of rear lift springs for 8 inches up front. Got right at 92 dollars in my entire lift and wheel the crap out of it.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

how did the 1 ton bracket bolt up? the k30's as far as i know the brackets are farther/closer compaired to the frame.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that only applies to the very rear bracket. The front ones look the same so I think the difference is either the frame shape or maybe the springs actually "V" out at the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

HMMMMMMMMMMM. Very Very intresting. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. rhuarc31

If i understand your question right, yes the front spring hangers are closer to the frame, I had to space it out with some 3/4 inch steel bar to make it line up right, which worked for me as it also served to reinforce the crap out of it.