Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who all travels for work....frequently??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Jul 25, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have had about 5 hours sleep in the last 3 days because of SH*TTY flight schedules! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I got home at 4:00 a.m. this morning and had to be in the office for a 7:00 meeting /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . I wuz just wondering if anyone else goes through this?? I think I'm going to pass out now.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

All the time. Join the club.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

talk to Frank(blazzinor) that man sure stacks up the frequent flyer miles lol i wonder how many of the stewardesses know him by name?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't fly unless I'm the driver.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Used to be a LOT of airtime. Had over 100K miles on USAir out of Pittsburgh when I lived there - in 7 months. Now it has mellowed out a lot in comparison but Alaska Airlines still loves me (MVP Gold status) Traveling sucks. Anyone who thinks it's glamorous or cool hasn't done it. If I had to keep up the pace I did in PA I'd have been long gone from my company by now...........lately haven't had much travel............one trip to Chicago in the past 3 months. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

And my wife wonders why I don't want to fly anywhere on vacation.............. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

no airtime, but I make a 400 mile loop about twice a week in the truck. Fun, but the paperwork I get to do later offsets that... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yea, and doncha just love that Pittsburgh to Philly flight? Just leave your lunch in your lap...or on the shoes of the guy next to you. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't fly....well...speedwise yes....but I put 200+ miles on my vehicle a day. Nice trying to drive home after a 12 hour shift and no sleep.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

One time on that flight we had just been served our drinks - coffee for me - and hit an air pocket.............literally dropped about 50 feet, coffee stayed in the air, splashed back down on me.............glad it was coming BACK from a meeting with a customer and not on the way there. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I had that happen once with my rum and coke. I was coming back from Chile. We had just took off from Santiago and we hit a a nasty bit of turbulence. I was holding my cup and I saw my drink and ice floating in the air for about 2 seconds before it splashed all over myself and the lady next to me....I was pissed at first, but then I remembered I was in business class, so the drinks are free /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ! That's the only way to do international flights...business class all the way (if you can manage to get the upgrade before someone else does /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ).

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know. Just being a whiny little whoosy. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Had to vent a little, and you know, misery loves company! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Too funny /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Visions of airborne Bacardi and Coke.............lol.

Thankful I don't do international travel. Longest flight I've had is 5 hours from Atlanta to Portland...........full flight.............middle seat that did NOT recline. You've seen me Shane..........6'4" people do NOT do well in middle seats with no recline or legroom............ /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

13. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yep, that's ugly. Only flight worse than coast to coast west to east is coming back, adds an hour due to jet stream. Took 6 1/2 hours on a sardine flight from Manchester NH to CA right after 9-11- yuck. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Wind sheer is fun, isn't it? One of my clients was flying from Philly to Pittsburgh, to a conference I was speaking at, he was late, walked in mid my lecture, never seen anyone actually green. He looked so bad! They apparently dropped 1000 feet. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif He thought he was gonna die.

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, the 21 hour flight to Aregntina is a b*tch! 21 hours in the air non-stop...I can see why some people go nuts on a plane!

Man, you in a middle seat for that long...you musta had some choice thoughts on that flight! LOL!! I'm lucky I'm a short 5'10"! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. SGT ROCK

SGT ROCK Registered Member

Think your flights are rough? Try 16 hours in a web sling seat in the back of a C141 transport plane and then 2 hours on a C130 and landing on a dirt runway God only knows where in the mountains of Nicaragua, Honduras, (insert name of any 3rd world Central American country here), etc... Gotta love the Army!!!!!!