Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who beleives in GOD,i still like you anyway?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Sep 18, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm probably stretching but who is christian? anyway who is and if not WHY NOT? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif5to /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'm not. Faith isn't something you can force, either you have it or you don't. I don't. Prove to me that God exists and he wants me to worship him like the Christians say I should and maybe I'll rethink it. I tried real hard to beleive it when I was younger but never could quite get there. I don't think I'm a bad person for not being Christian or Buddhist or anything else, I have morals and I'm still a good person. If there is a God and he sends me to hell for not beleiving in him then I guess I lose out, but like I said, faith is not something that you can just fake.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Religion holds up the failings of men

I'm not Christian, but I like to pretend I can talk to Jesus, because unlike most Jesuses, mine is Arabic and carries a revolver

OT - What goes into a purple Jesus ?

4. boggerless

you have morals so you have a start,so you have a great begininig. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you have morals so you have a start,so you have a great begininig. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice, talk down to me because I don't beleive what you do. So you're saying that non-Christians normally don't have morals?

6. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, now all Shaggy needs are grandious legends and histories, odd ancient text and goofy uniforms, cool old buildings, some crackers and some good califonia red

That might mess up the morals though..............

7. boggerless

and i listen to RAGE AGAINST THE machine.and i still want to punch people in the face.but I try to be cool to everyone.(rally around the family, with a pocket full of shells). /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif bulls on parade /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

RENEGADES WERE THE PEOPLE

WHO CHANGED THE [censored] SUBJECT

IN THE MIDDLE OF A DISCUSSION

WITH BAD SPELLING AND EMOTICONSSSSSSSS

YEAHHHH

SAY POST SUCKA

POST SUCKA

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and i listen to RAGE AGAINST THE machine.and i still want to punch people in the face.but I try to be cool to everyone.(rally around the family, with a pocket full of shells). /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif bulls on parade /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rock on, christian soldier! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

http://christianteens.about.com/library/blrage.htm

10. Resurrection_Joe

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

im semi christian. my dad didn't beilive in god, but my mom did. But I always ended up having to go to sunday school /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Eventually I stopped going. I dont pray or read the bible. and I dont know if I bielibve in god /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not. Faith isn't something you can force, either you have it or you don't. I don't. Prove to me that God exists and he wants me to worship him like the Christians say I should and maybe I'll rethink it. I tried real hard to beleive it when I was younger but never could quite get there. I don't think I'm a bad person for not being Christian or Buddhist or anything else, I have morals and I'm still a good person. If there is a God and he sends me to hell for not beleiving in him then I guess I lose out, but like I said, faith is not something that you can just fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly feel the same as Shaggy. I used to be really respectful of others beliefs(mostly christians) but I've been worn down from being respectful by too many oppressive and pushy Christians who feel it is their duty in life to tell me I am wrong or going to hell cause a book thats been bastardized more than any other book in history says so. The ideas may have been there in the beginning but come on you ever play a game of whisper down the lane? Think of a game of whisper down the lane where you have billions of people in the line and it takes thousands of years to play.

13. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

What is the question God or the Christian God ?

Beleive there is something greater than man but cannot stand organized religeon at any scale over the lowest level.

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I was born in Detroit Catholic . I go to church to get married , do Easter and Christmas . I try not to go because of the fake church people . I am on my own terms with God . All I have to do is try my hardest , and he gives me what I need . You can call it Karma , but I call it God . Basically like Kid Rock said , " You get what you put in , and people get what they deserve " ( personal level , not world tragedy level ) . Oh well those are my thoughts , and considering I went from working teen to broke and bankrupt 20 something , all the way to married working homeowner , they seem true to me (free to think what I want /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Religion, in my opinion, is how man explains thing he does not understand.
    As I understand Christianity, Christians believe Muslims will go to hell because they have not accepted Jesus as their lord and saviour.
    Imagine for a minute you were born in Iran and raised a Muslim. You live a good Muslim life and when you die you go to hell. Does that make any sense?
    Turn that same idea around and assume Islam is correct. Where does that leave Christians?
    Religion is based on fear and consequences with a sugar coating of inclusivity.
    That being said, I am glad the sheeple have religion. I am not sure how society would function without it.

Please excuse my while I don my flame retardant suit.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Just curious what all you guys that dont believe in Christianity think about our founding fathers and other heroes of our country. If you researched it, I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of them if not more with God fearing men. Do you think they are weak because of that? Did you they use their religion as a "crutch" as I have heard some people put it? You can not have it both ways, looking at these men as heroes and then saying that they were weak because they used God to give them strength. Were they forcing their religion on you when the came up with the Constitution and the like?

17. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Please excuse my while I don my flame retardant suit.
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Yeah, but not all Christians are bad. Funny, now days you actually here people saying things like this. I have to agree with shaggy, Religion is based on faith and that is not something that can be forced on an individual. When someone can have an intellectual conversation to me and prove that god exists (besides quoting the bible or spewing information they learned in Sunday school), but I want facts. A fictional book that has been translated into too many languages can't magically give me faith. And everyone knows you can't believe everything that you read

I will know put my hand over the good book and it will protect me from the flames I will receive forth

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

"As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord."

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is tuff one for me. My family is very religous. I tend too see things differently then most people. Is there a god ??? I don't know. I've read the bible, both old and new testiment. I didn't see anything about dinosuars, but yet we know there once walked the earth. If you look at the time the books of the Holy Bible were writen, man didn't really understand much then. It is pretty comman for primitives cultures too worship gods of whatnot. So that has alot too do with my doubts. Evolution makes more sence to me then creation.

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Think of a game of whisper down the lane where you have billions of people in the line and it takes thousands of years to play

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You sound like a Mormon... (no offense, tht's just what mormons say a LOT).

I'm not trying to force anything on you, so please don't think I am, but I do want to help dispell the "water-down" theory if I can.
    One thing to consider about the tranlations and hand downs of the bible is how it was never something taken casually or lightly. The King James version took something like forty years to translate because it was done by a committee and was extremely rigorously error-checked (translation error).
    Monks would spend years translating or copying it, and years rechecking the translation. Translating or hand copying the bible was a HUGE undertaking. It's pretty unlikely someone's going to take on the task of translating a volume that large and important to it's readers (for lack of a more universal term) without being highly vigilant of "lost in translation" problems. Not to mention scholars that would point out errors

Also consider there were many multiples of copies/translations made simultaneously; every translation didn't happen just once and get copied, they happened many times by different people in different places at different times, and yet you still get the same content across all modern versions, variations only in wording, never in concepts. Plenty of room for much different degenerations to occur, yet you really don't get any differences between the versions (the Catholic bible is questionable, though, it seems to have had things added and removed through history while varieties of the Holy Bible stayed the same). The Catholic bible is a whole different ballgame anyway because the pope considers himself authorized to modify it or something (I'm not real clear on that).

Anyway (off the bible thing), religion can be a volatile subject among friends. I know truth, but anyone else may disagree, and that's fine. It's really not my problem if they don't believe what I do. My assignment, according to what I believe to be truth, is to show what I know...but I can't make anyone see it. God opens eyes, He didn't give me any power for that. I kind of think of it like looking at the sky with someone. I see it's blue, it's quite obviously blue to me, but to the person next to me it's colorless, or it's white, just simply not blue.

I have seen Christian's pushing religion on people less than I see people immediately knwoing where the conversation's going. I.E. A guy occasionally stands on a corner I walk past everyday handing out tracts saying something about God. A guy I occasionally walk with once said about him "F--ing christians, always in your face trying to make you believe in God". I was pretty surprised, the guy was passively handing out tracts the same way anyone else on a corner in NYC hands out pamphlets, stands there holding them, hand toward you offering as you walk by, hand offered to the next person when he sees you don't want one.
    Yet, the same guy I walk with says nothing about Union protestors that block the sidewalk, pro-choice activists that hand things out more aggressively than the christian was, people handing out photo restoration flyers (who I want to push into the street sometimes), etc. He has a comment for the christian, but noone else. And that sentiment I see more often than not. I find myself defending attacks on my beliefs more than I find myself sharing them. Call that forcing it down your throat, then call a rape victim asing for it (Before anyone attacks this concept, no, I'm not trying to demean rape victims, I'm using an extreme example to demonstrate the possibly more subtle point I'm trying to make).
    Not that Christians are totally passive, I won't say there arent't some that are intent on driving people away by preaching to them...

I could go on, but I see my post is already way too long to be readable anymore...
    Essentially, I have tested and tried The Holy Bible, and I believe it to be Truth.