Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who can be trusted...?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Who in the portland/vancouver area can be trusted to change the gearing in my 72? I want/need to go to a 4.11 (maybe a 4.33) but dont wanna sell my kidneys to do it and dont want to lose the rearend in a flurry of a$$-bullets while running down the freeway. If one of you guys knows how, I would prefer to give you the $$ than some shop I dont know.

Thanks
    -Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I think Ron (Powermad) is one of the local gear gurus. Hit him up.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If not Ron, ask Josh (Silver84K5) who says he has a guy that can do each end for $150 plus parts..........

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Ya 150 plus parts, and i think hell knock 50 bucks off if you bring him the axles out of the truck. He is located in boring, Tell me if your interested and ill PM you his phone number.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wow, 150, not bad... have to remember that one if i ever go 4.88 or 5.13. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

How much did you have to fork out??

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

for...? when jamie did my d60? I dunno if the reciept was itemized to that degree... there was new stub shaft installation, gears, the detroit, and a basic d60 rebuild in my case, not just gears. Cost was in the mid $300-ish range if i remember right, but that included some parts/seals that the 60 needed.... hmmm, maybe i didnt get that bad a deal after all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

havent seen ya on here in a while buddy, boss finally got you working in the pacific time zone again? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif all that travel you were doing was bad times!!

j

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yep, I am home for this week. I may home for quite awhile. I found out last week that I broke my back sometime in last year. It has been killing me every once in awhile (go figure huh??) I guess I snapped it pretty good. They aren't sure exactly what is holding it together, or why I'm still walking. I go see a surgeon this Friday. It looks like my wheeling days are over for now. Right now, just driving my truck hurts like hell, and jumping in and out of it isn't any fun either. I may have my lift and 38's for sale soon. I'm thinking of lowering it back down to stock and running 33's on it for awhile. I need the ride to be less jarring, and the swampers really don't offer exemplary ride quality /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif hope you get better soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Just find a cheap/free S10 for a comfortable ride... Then you will still have your rig when your back is better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks man. I will, it'll just take awhile. I'm like a cockroach...I keep coming back, with or without body parts! LOL!! I have a high tolerance for pain, so I doubt this will keep me down for too long. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a cheap/free S10 for a comfortable ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Does such a thing really exist?? Actually, my wife and I have been kicking around the idea of a new car. We both hate payments, but it is getting to the point where we need one. Especially with the way gas prices are now. It cost me $50 to fill up this last Saturday! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    a cheap/free S10 for a comfortable ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does such a thing really exist??

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]
    I got this one for free and it runs & drives still... but with 300,000 miles and many over due maintenance items.

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Wow, that explains your comment to me on a PM about the Burb springs..........ouch.

I bought an 89 S-10 Jimmy for $2500 a year ago.......great rig and gets 19mpg on the highway. Decent ride, good on the kidneys/back. I see a lot of older ones with the 2.8L V-6 for sale for less than $1500.

Anyway, hope you get well soon..........

15. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Yeah, I bought an 89 S-10 Blazer a few months ago for $1800. Good condition. 153K miles. 4.3L V6 (powerful... heh) that gets 16-17 mpg. With a tune-up it should be near 20.

Meanwhile my K5 gathers rust in my driveway while I try to scrounge money to fix her... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif