Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who can go to Tellico this weekend? Reply by Fri. morning!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72THING, Aug 14, 2003.

1. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Me and 79Beast (Bill) are planning on leaving for Tellico Friday evening and staying at Crawford Camp Fri. night and possibly Sat. night. Bill's truck is broke right now so we're only taking the THING (my truck.) We're gonna ride all day Sat. & plan to do some difficult trails. Reply if you can meet us up there Sat. morning. Thanks.

Will

2. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

I would like to but i dont think either one of our trucks is ready for that.

3. moose73

moose73 Registered Member

hey i will be on the tenn side just down from stateline on your left coming from nc. black k5 white crewcab f350. just me and a friend on a 4wheeler.be there friday around 3to5 til sunday channel 5. stop by or radio

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. don't you remeber from the last time we were all there. DONT GO ALONE. Murphy's law is gonna bite ya, I can feel it.

That said, wish I could go. Tell us what yall do. What is broke on the big blue beast?

Depdog

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Can't make it this w/e. Bring back pics and have a good time.

6. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Don't worry, Dep, we'll be fine. And that's the reason for this post, too---so we can recruit somebody else and don't have to go alone. We can always find somebody to ride with when we're up there. Anyways, the Beast is without a motor. The #4 piston decided to break and we haven't gotten the motor put back in. Time to build the 468.

Will

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the word of caution, Glen. We're gonna get to the paystation fairly early and just wait for a group of trucks that look pretty capable and ride with them. Like will said, the Beast just had the #4 piston replaced (remember how poorly it ran at the K5 Crawl?.....reckon why?...70 lbs of compression in #4 compared to 190-200 on the others...detonation sucks) I'm also replacing a TOTALLY burned up clutch. It drives me nuts not to have it going, but I've been leaving my house a 5 AM and getting home about 8-9 PM and that pretty much saps my motivation. Well, that and my company truck is a 99 F-450 that can't go more than 1000 miles without crapping out and repuiring my attention. I'm looking forward to the time off.