Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who DID you vote for?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Nov 2, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

got that same sticker on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gifGO BUSH /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why even list Kerry?

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why even list Kerry?

[/ QUOTE ]

To embarrass backcountry. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I voted for W. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

i's votin this afternoon...but i did my duty on this post!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Bush /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I just got back from voting. Me and my girlfriend both did our part to protect our country's freedom by voting for W.

8. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Why even list Kerry?

[/ QUOTE ]

To embarrass backcountry. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I voted for W. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's over guy's, Please welcome your new President of the United States. John Kerry! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    [​IMG]

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I want, no, I need that bumper sticker....

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

When a union supports a canidate, do they hold some sort of vote with all the members. Or who decides that?

I'm just curious because you here a lot of stuff about unions supporting politicians, and I wanted an answer from the source.

11. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Not to be too picky, but it's "Whom did you vote for?" That sentence already has a subject (you) so you have to use whom.

Bush/Cheney 2004. First act after winner announced - kick Kalifornia out of the union. Warn NY that it is next.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

Bush/Cheney 2004. First act after winner announced - kick Kalifornia out of the union. Warn NY that it is next.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty good!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not to be too picky, but it's "Whom did you vote for?" That sentence already has a subject (you) so you have to use whom.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i was going over that about a month ago, i never knew how to tell who or whom, damn CA public schools /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When a union supports a canidate, do they hold some sort of vote with all the members. Or who decides that?

I'm just curious because you here a lot of stuff about unions supporting politicians, and I wanted an answer from the source.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,

The IAFF for instance chooses the candidate that they believe will best represent Firefighter issues. Kerry received the endorsement due to his steadfast support on these issues.

As a union rep, negotiator etc. myself, I feel that I know what it takes to best represent my fellow brothers. As such, I also entrust in the decisions that my union (IAFF) feels that are the utmost importance to our future, safety and well being as professional firefighters.

I realize that there are more important issues besides us firefighters; however I do not believe that Bush is the man for the job in these areas as well.

Example’s that are a concern for me: Economy, Health care, Social Security, The war in Iraq, The environment, Education, Jobs etc. I feel that Bush is failing us in all these areas as well.

To be honest, I am only 5 years from retirement so I could very well say “oh well” and let future generations suffer the consequences of what I believe are inappropriate actions taken by the Bush Administration.

Due I think Kerry is perfect? No I do not; however in my opinion, we only have two viable choices as of now and Kerry is my choice. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

You're pretty fiesty for an old dude.

P.S. Kerry's going to lose. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,

The IAFF for instance chooses the candidate that they believe will best represent Firefighter issues. Kerry received the endorsement due to his steadfast support on these issues.

As a union rep, negotiator etc. myself, I feel that I know what it takes to best represent my fellow brothers. As such, I also entrust in the decisions that my union (IAFF) feels that are the utmost importance to our future, safety and well being as professional firefighters.

I realize that there are more important issues besides us firefighters; however I do not believe that Bush is the man for the job in these areas as well.

Example’s that are a concern for me: Economy, Health care, Social Security, The war in Iraq, The environment, Education, Jobs etc. I feel that Bush is failing us in all these areas as well.

To be honest, I am only 5 years from retirement so I could very well say “oh well” and let future generations suffer the consequences of what I believe are inappropriate actions taken by the Bush Administration.

Due I think Kerry is perfect? No I do not; however in my opinion, we only have two viable choices as of now and Kerry is my choice. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I just don't understand how you know where Kerry stands on any issue when he constantly changes his position depending on what's poppular at the momment. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You suprised me backcountry, these are your own words and not a copy/paste. The one thing that I have never been able to understand about kerry is his health care plan. He never says if we have to pay for it, just as any insurance? He never says the type of coverage? How much am I responsible for? There are many things that he does not make very clear and that is one reason I did not vote for him. Can you tell me anything at all (in your own words /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) that his health care coverage for everyone will include? I need to know what it will cost and what my benifits are before I "buy it".

18. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just don't understand how you know where Kerry stands on any issue when he constantly changes his position depending on what's poppular at the momment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard on talk radio that kerry had to take a poll to see what his response to osama's recent tape should be. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Voted 2 weeks ago. Bush Cheney 04!

By the way, I have a bumper sticker very much like that but it says "Snowmobilers for Bush". Don't own a snowmobile, but I thought it was cool.

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    kick Kalifornia out of the union. Warn NY that it is next.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

And here I thought Oklahoma was an OK place...