Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who dreads waxing your car?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 77Jimmy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well, I just got done doing the nasty...washed AND waxed BOTH our daily drivers, 98 Accord and 98 F-150 (yea I know, but hey, I got it brand new for wholesale while working at one of my old companies...one of the bennies). My shoulders and back are killing me, buffing that wax out by hand is a real beeeeeaaatch. Oh well, do that twice a year and the paint should hold up for a good while.

I use that Turtle Wax Extreme Cleaner wax...good stuff...really gets in there and cleans it up...both cars are white.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got a buffer for fathers day last year. Works great takes alittle longer than by hand, but turns out better and much less work.

-Brian

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've always liked "Raindance" wax. It's been along time sence I've waxed, anymore I just take the daily driver through the automadic car wash once a week and get the delux with wax. I'm lazy I guess, but it works for me.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My truck is primer... I just hose it down, and spray on another coat. My Neon, wtf is wax? I dunno, I wash only maybe twice a year, and that's only if they are free with fill up.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Two suburbans and a trailblazer...that's a lot of sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. stuper

stuper Registered Member

i get screwed when its time to wash/wax cars. i get the treatment from the fiance "after mine we'll do yours". we wash the cavalier, wax it, clean it, blah blah its looks purdy like my fiance. then she goes "its too late" or "looks like its gonna rain" and my vehicle sits all dirty like. although it is easier to wash/wax a car by hand than a truck. like said earlier alot more sheet metal.

theo/stuper

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif doode that sux. but funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I hate it, my arm tends to get tired the more i go so one side of my truck looks awesome......no wax on anything its not supposed to be on, none left over........then comes the other side, oops get some on the drop in bedliner, dont see it, its permanent now......miss a few spots or get it in deep scratches and cant get it out........get frustrated.........hurridly finish.......go look next morning am like wtf was i thinkin......buff off the thoroughly dried on stuff......

9. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

yea, what I forgot to mention in my first post was it inevitably rains the next day and there goes all that hard work down the crapper! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif