Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who else drinks Icehouse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clstolten, Feb 23, 2006.

1. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

Just curious if anybody else drinks icehouse beer. Cheap but potent, and I have come to like the taste. Don't get me wrong, I drink Guinness Stout when I have the cash, but will settle for Icehouse. Funny thing is that I shop in Parker, CO. and have to go to the lower end liquor stores to buy the stuff. The yuppie stores don't carry it. Ha ha. My younger brother is cheaper than me and drinks steal reserve. yikes. That stuff will put hair on your chest.

2. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

Icehouse... yes. A dirty 30 of that stuff for 12.99 and your in business lol. Very strong and the taste is one much stronger then the other cheap beers (Busch Lite etc...)

3. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

damn dude, i just paid $17 and change for the dirty 30. I got ripped off!! Chit!!

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Icehouse...for the alcoholic on a budget. :D

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I used to go to the factory right up higway 50, and go there all the time. It actually has a bunch of cool camping and wheeling spots too. Its reaaly nice.Its like a factory, on a bunch of mountains and wooded forest area.

I used to drink it, but i found after a while i would drink like 2 beers and start feeling waay to buzzed,the content is high as hell in that beer haha, not my favorite anymore, but it used to be!

Jake

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I like Heileman's Old Style for going mildly cheap. Otherwise....... Miller High Life....mmmmmmm

7. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

I like the high life too, but it isn't as potent. The chick sitting on the moon looks like she could be hot. I'd do her.

8. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i never payed attention to the price, i just thought it was good beer. my drinking days are over now, but i used to get all happy any time i would come across that stuff.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Over? Did you say, 'over?' Nothing is over until WE decide it is! Was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

10. gauder

gauder Banned

I thought the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour? What do I know, I'm Canuckian.

On another note, while vacationing in your beautiful country, I was unable to find any real beer (Canadian Beer) where I was staying. I happened upon IceHouse which I thought was much better than the so-called "King of Beers" or any of the other popular American products I sampled.

11. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah i wish it wasn't over. i loved drinking, so much that it landed me in jail more times than i can remember. finally woke up in my front lawn one day and decided i've had enough. so now i stay sober and go offroading. ok well i mostly work on my trucks and go offroading on the side.

12. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

And here I'm drinking a Skullsplitter Orkney ale from scotland (I think).
    Good strong beer mmmmmmm.........
    George

13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You've never seen Animal House?!?!?

I like Ice House or Amstell Light.

14. gauder

gauder Banned

Been a long time since I saw Animal House, may have to watch it again soon.

15. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

So this one time, when I was like 8, I was drinking IBC root beer. For those of you who aren't familiar with IBC root beer, it comes in a brown bottle that looks curiously like a bottle of Ice House with the label facing away.

Needless to say, I was one surprised 8 year old when that bottle I took a huge swig out of didn't contain IBC root beer.

16. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ice house used to be my bonging beer. Oh did that **** get me F'd. I'm more relaxed now and drink Dos Eqious or Bells Two hearted ale

17. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

come on guys.... i am in college in milwaukee... my window over looks the old blatz plant, to the right i see the old pabst plant, in the distiance i can see the miller plant. I prefer a miller product, not a fan of bud, but if you want a cheep beer, there is Blatz 24 case of bottles for 9.50 or so, and dont forget to return the bottles for the deposit.... same goes for old milwaukee... i drink icehouse, nothing wrong with it, only one i stay away from is keystone, its way to hard on the head. the best one on the head and the one i like the most is coors orginal.... best beer i can find, for cheep price, as a 30 case is about 15 bucks.... if ya guys want a really tasty beer, get some of sprechers brews, run by the old pabst brewmaster. go to www.sprecherbrewery.com i think thats it... nice 16 oz bottles...

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hahahaha, Old Crow

Yeahhhhhh

19. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

The alcoholic on a budget goes for they Natural ice! Nattie dog!! I despise Icehouse, i usually drink busch, not lite either. Busch lite = watered down!! Ill drink Amstel light but that stuff taste likes pennies...And Coors original? Talk about bitter beer face!! Icehouse is good for getting drunk, 5.5% alcohol from what i remember, havnt drank in over a month :eek1: I must be picky tho. O well my bday is coming up and ill make up for it then with some Rolling Rock and Wild Turkey:D

20. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

if i wanted something sweet i would drink berry wise... good stuff but gets old rather quick...