Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who else has a saggy butt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking suspension here.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I went with TC six inch springs up front, an ORD shackle reversal in the rear with 2 inch TC springs. It is hard to tell from where my Blazer is sitting in the backyard, but it looks like I'm sagging an inch or so low in the back. I think I've read other comments that this is common? I'm guessing I should be looking at a zero rate to compensate. I'm wondering if I should get a zero rate that is degreed though to help with pinion angle? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm running TC rear springs front and rear and have a zero rate in the rear to compensate. I am using my shims that come with the springs and works all right.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I got a 4" 4 spring BDS lift with HD ORD front shackles and even with the zerorate in the rear it still squats...
    I need a 2" block in rear the then it would be about right. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I just can't bring myself to fork out $80 for a 2" block to bolt it to the spring pack and I dont like the std 2" blocks with the pins. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Plus I'd have to buy yet anotherr set of uboltsbecause the ones I have bearly fit and I'm moving to a 14bolt later on... maybe that would be the time to do a 2" block /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I threw 3inch Tuff Country's in front, 4inch in the rear, and she still sags just a little. Once I have the dough for driveshaft mods, I'll probably throw an ORD 2.5inch shackle in the rear. Then I'll have just a bit of forward rake, which I think looks cool.

5. macg

macg Registered Member

I also used 3" TC springs in front and 4" TC springs in back (trying to avoid the saggy butt look). Overall the truck looks like it is slightly lower in the rear. I think if the back was 1" higher than it is now it might look level.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I just called up ORD and ordered up a set of zero rates. I'll throw them in and see how my pinion angle is then. Talked to Steve about getting some degreed zero rates but the problem is, unless you know the exact measurement, you still might have to shim it. So, I'll slap the zero rates in, check the pinion angle, and go from there.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I put a 2" add-a-leaf in the rear of mine and the problem was solved.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

my sub sits higher in the rear... it has 4" tc up front and 4" shackle flip rear. I thought for sure my rear was going to be sagging.

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Make sure it's not just an optical illusion being caused from the wheel well cuts, the rear well is cut lower than the front is, look at the body lines and you will see what i'm talking about, gives it a funny look. To me it makes the front look higher, although the saggy rear end is common, mine was real bad, then i just added two more leaves in the spring pack, it helped raise it some and firmed up the ride so as not to be so squishy.