Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who else has been wrenching??

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Jul 16, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Anyone /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    I'll have some more pics up tomorrow and alot to tell about...

-Jeremy

hint: locked and cross'd

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

me me!!!...attacked my swampers with a groover /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif....re packed front wheel bearings,finished my rear bumper,installed my fast idle switch (for my onboard air)...put in a new cb radio,fixed my cb antennae...did an axle flip on the camp trailer lifted it like 5 inches

3. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

Ive been wrenching too. I just finished my Bronco.I know its not a Chevy but I got a hella deal on it.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've been working on my axles, almost got them babies ready to slap in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. reedmit

reedmit 1/2 ton status

I wish I could be wrenching. I bought my Dana 60 and have it sitting under my truck but I dont have enough money to buy U-bolts to bolt it in.

6. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

Where did you get your groover from.Im looking to get one.

7. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

the groover belongs to a buddy of mine..its a MRT groover..it was rite around 300 buks he said...works killer though

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Lets see...

~front & rear bumpers
    ~winch-almost wired
    ~q-jet rebuild and swap
    ~all the misc things you notice while under the truck, ie bad u-joints, loose bolts, etc

~and today I have the pleasure of swapping a starter on a 93 Suburban, which I can barely squeeze under in the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif LOL I can't believe they call it a 4x4 its so low...

oh, and on top of it all I am making a sticker for this guy who makes parts in his garage... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

sweet heres what I have been up to:

rear now has a detriot with 4.10s and disc brakes.
    and is on reversed ford 57"s (making it 6" longer and a great departure angle

front is moved forward 3" (just the way the fords were)
    also on ford 57"s. it currently is still the 3.73 open 10 bolt but trying to get a 4.10 with locker from my brother(mitch's old front)

the motor was pushed back 4" to make room for the radiator. I have Cass's old headers on it now. and got my hydro clutch set up planned out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'v got 12" extended brakelines (from wes's buddy)
    the fords should take full advantage of those.

I also have Mitch's old 38.5 sx's.

just picked up my front bumper metal, gonna tie the front spring hanger into it so I can get 3" off the nose of the frame.

the goal is aug 8th gonna be a mad rush.

OH... side note, those of you in P-town (portland for you old people,LOL)
    If ya keep an eye out at six states...you might see a sneak peek of it. thats the shop doing my drivelines.

hey mike...does the guy your making the sticker for..does he make anything good?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Jeremy

10. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Sweet Jeremy... You have been busy. Lets see I have replaced the shocks in the front, completely redid that back bumper and electrical, installed simpson racing harness's, built a drop hitch to tow my boat level, and a bunch of eletrical gremlins repaired. So six states down portland way ill have to go see it.

11. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

ball joints, new sending units in both tanks- boring stuff. but..............

things will be changing here soon. i'm sensing bigger tires im my neer future, which will necessitate an axle upgrade and more lift. bout fricken time!

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

More like fiddling. Mounted my door pouches on the rear barn doors, reworked the release mechanism for the barn doors (didn't know they were controlled by the electric locks!), tuned it up (O2 sensor and timing had NEVER been changed from factory 160K miles - mpg went up over 2 - amazing how much better it runs), tranny serviced, drop hitch found and bought (12" drop) for pulling the tent trailer for camping at Timothy Lake this weekend, new radiator (actually did that 3 months ago), Ron did the front end rebuild in April (and then I did all new brakes, etc.).

It is ready for camping/hunting. Do I have projects planned?

Nope.......enjoying this one as it is. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do I have projects planned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Right /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    It is ready for camping/hunting. Do I have projects planned?

[/ QUOTE ]
    for now /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif