Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who else has the evil cold/flu

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, May 30, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I thought Id see who wanted to jump on the misery band wagon with me.

Who else has this thing (cold/flu) that makes you ache so bad you want to levitate out of your own body, head throbs, your coughing up stuff you never knew could live in you, and your so weak you feel like your 80 years old?

If so join me on the misery bandwagon, its leavin in 5 minutes.

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Count me in :-(. Going on 3 weeks. Feel like I got ran over by my truck. Hang in there....

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yeah i'm right there with ya. damn dizziness. coughin up my lungs. can't see straight is always fun. hopefully i'll get better by the weekend. later.

jacob

4. HailStorm

HailStorm Registered Member

Ill pop in, had it for 2 weeks, mom had it since last thanksgiving, horrid coughing, nothing works, poor mom....

Ted

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yep - me too (and Sarah too - I'm a giving kinda guy). Mine lasted about two weeks. I couldn't get any sleep cause of the dang cough, but the only way to get rid of it was to sleep and rest - but with the dang cough, etc. etc. etc. (insert broken record here). Took three days off of work - shoulda taken the whole week! I took an antihistimine before I went to bed (script that Sarah brought home from the hospital). That dried up my sinuses - which slowed down the cough - so I could get some rest. Also - get some Robatussin (sp) DM cough goo - it'll help knock down the cough (a little).

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Me too, and NOANGEL says it's allergies.......Don't think so. I've never had allergies and this kicked my butt for a couple of days and has lingered around for many more, just like a winter cold/flu. Two of the days I could hardly move and had ZERO energy. Sore throat, cough, congestion, etc., etc.

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I've been fighting something back for over a week now

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Luckly the caughing isnt too bad but the aches and no energy and I cant breathe out of my nose. I cant taste any food. I miss the taste of food LOL. I hogged down a carmel sunde earlier and didnt taste it. Thats frustrating for a woman when we have to pay for it later when it hits our hips. I could have at least enjoyed it first.

I havnt been resting and giving it a chance like I should. Probubly why it wont go away.

9. schwinnd

schwinnd 1/2 ton status

Yep I had it last week, then I shared it with my wife, two year old daughter and 4 mo old son. Got to keep it going.......

I couldn't lay down to go to sleep w/o coughing for 20 minutes straight. Oh what fun.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I'm usually healthy as an ox but this winter I got a cold 3 times ! I've been pretty run down though and I'm sure my immune system has been low a lot !

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

My girl friend just got it last week. I am staying far away from her, cant afford to get sick.

Dan

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Someone say something about dizzyness? I woke up this morning and been bouncing off the walls as I walk down the hallway lol.